When weather permits I love to play golf with my threesome (My wife and my son), otherwise I love being at home making my own wine.
Business specialist with strong sales experience and marketing background mainly within the Retail Consumer Packaged Goods and Pharmaceutical industries; Experience identifying and developing new business opportunities, managing and developing existing accounts through building business relationships based on service and fact based business proposals.
Fluent in English and Spanish.
Nov 2007 - Present
- Accountable for the development of a new category within the retail food arena
- Ongoing market research and business analysis to identify trends and opportunities to grow revenew
- Increase brand awareness among existing accounts
- Distribution channel development
- Orders placement and inventory management on a routine basis
- Portfolio optimization and category advise at store level
- Successfully increased sales by 300% from 2009 to 2012
- Developed and implemented the Latin American category within the main retailers in Ontario.
Sep 2006 - Nov 2007
Primary liaison for assigned accounts within the GTA territory, providing account management in terms of overseeing and assisting with design of campaigns, contract renewals, marketing campaigns advice and post sales service.
- Accountable for maximizing sales within the assigned territory
- Frequent client contact to ensure all projects are executed within time frames and budget.
- Build and maintain solid client relationship through superior customer service and follow up
- Sales proposals from mockup to financial aspects
Mar 2004 - Mar 2006
Accountable for the brand management and annual sales quota of Allegra (Antihistaminic product).
Defined and implemented the business’s product strategy by providing suitable and innovative responses to the needs of target market to reach sales and market share goals.
- Designed and implemented the annual marketing plan.
- Designed a brand awareness strategy based on the brand’s name and utilized CRM programs to build an emotional link between target audience and brand.
- Managed and allocated annual marketing budget
- International trade shows representation
·Successfully surpassed the Allegra sales quota of CAD $2 million in 2004 and 2005
·In two years I doubled the market share of the Allegra brand in Colombia
·By early 2006 raised the Allegra brand to be on ‘top of mind’ within the medical community
Jul 2001 - Mar 2003
Marketing and Sales Manager
- Responsible for profitably launching and introducing a new portfolio of products within the Peruvian market
- Coached and supervised sales team accountable for the market penetration
- Conducted market research through primary and secondary data
- Forecasted unit volume, revenues and expected and calculated profit over a three-year period
- Responsible of the P&L for the Peruvian operation
- Presented monthly reports to the board of directors related to P&L
- Designed and implemented the Annual Business Plan in order to achieve financial results
- Moved the company from the 80th to the 60th position according to IMS from 2001 to 2002
- Optimally positioned the new brand within the context of market
- Personally launched La Sante in Peru, positioning it as a high quality generics drugs brand
Jan 2009 - Dec 2009
E-Business and Web Marketing Certificate
E-Business & Web Marketing are at the heart of a rapidly expanding, innovative revolution in marketing today, and represent the fastest growing new channels of targeted access, communication, sales and delivery for a company’s brand development, products and services. A thorough understanding of the added value, best practices and business techniques for these two critical tools is essential to anyone contemplating a career in Marketing.
Jan 2005 - Jul 2006
1988 - 1993
As part of my professional development, I recently earned my E-Business and Web Marketing Certificate from the University of Toronto. After one year of hard work, I am ready to take my marketing skills and experience to the online arena where the opportunities are endless when it comes to drive business to a new dimension.
This is my Credential Evaluation Report from WES Canada (Ontario Government funded). It certifies that my five years Business degree obtained in Colombia has an equivalency of a four years Bachelor's degree in Business Administration in North America.
According to WES Canada, my one and one-half years specialization degree in Marketing Management is equivalent to a one and one-half years of graduate study in Marketing Specialist.