I was employed for Data Entry in the Meat Department, inputing Monthly TPR (Temporary Price Reductions) into Excel, updating weekly price reductions on spreadsheets. Assisted in summer steak Promotion, supermarkets and districts received steak knives for steak tasting event. Promoted for two weeks, I managed a CM’s desk; responsibilities were picking up phone calls, taking and entering customer’s orders and call for biweekly chicken orders. I continued to sell weekly close dated product to stores in districts, till my leave. I negotiated with stores for a price agreement.
- Use computers to organize and locate inventory, and operate spreadsheet orders and word processing software for weekly meat survey.
- Negotiate prices, discount terms and transportation arrangements for merchandise.
- Examine, select, order, and purchase at the most favorable price merchandise consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements and other factors.
- Set or recommend mark-up rates, mark-down rates, and selling prices for merchandise.
- Work closely with vendors to obtain and develop desired products.
- Attend staff meetings with sales personnel (Tyson, Buddig, Jimmy Dean, etc.) to introduce new merchandise.