Experienced writer, researcher, and editor focused on technology trends, ideas, and products. Informed writer with subject matter knowledge in data-voice telecommunications, VoIP, social networks, and wired/wireless public policy. Superior research and interview skills. Active freelancer whose clients have included high-tech publications and leading market research firms.
Jan 2010 - Present
Founder and editor of The Technoverse Blog, a magazine-style blog covering telecommunications and social media.
Jul 2007 - Feb 2010
Global Managing Editor
Authored original articles and content for both internal and external sites in support of Avaya's technology initiatives. Collaborated with product marketing to develop editorial themes for the contact center and internet telephony sections of Avaya's web site. Regular contributor to the Avaya Insights blog, which promoted thought leadership in the areas of crowdsourcing, video technologies, and speech recognition. Helped develop and manage Avaya's social media properties on Facebook and Twitter. Acted as key social media resource for the interactive marketing group.
Jan 2005 - Feb 2006
Researched and developed technical reports and marketing collateral for major printer and copier manufacturers. Contributed articles on document management, variable data printing, security, and other significant industry topics for BERTL’s web-based B2B publication. Covered key trade shows, analyst meetings, and dealer events.
2005 - 2006
Developed technically rich and creative marketing copy for newsletters, Web site, and email-based promotions. Researched and wrote white papers and case studies supporting this company's unique web-based help desk software. Developed content and provided editorial input for media releases, corporate messaging, and other collateral.
2003 - 2005
- Insight Research: white papers on bundled voice and data services, edited IP PBX market study, 2004. white paper on softswitch architecture, 2007. white paper on application session controller technology, 2008.
- Technology IQ: produced telecom and wireless conferences, developed brochures and other marketing material, Oct. - Jan. 2005.
- Faulkner Information Services: executive overview on Linux security, October 2003.
- IDC: research bulletin on Linksys corporation, December 2000.
1998 - 2002
Educated and informed Communications Convergence magazine's 80,000+ readers with practical telephony advice, comprehensive product reviews, insights into telecom trends and markets, and case studies. Wrote monthly features covering enterprise and carrier topics with a focus on Voice-over-IP products and services. Interviewed leading telecommunications executives and experts. Wrote short, detailed reviews of new data-voice products and reported on industry news for the magazine's Innovations section. Reported on major telecom trade shows and press conferences. Contributed articles for special magazine supplements.
1984 - 1996
Summary of Computer Industry Experience
As a programmer, analyst, project leader, and technical writer for financial, telecom, and computer hardware companies:
- Programmed drivers for a fault-tolerant UNIX operating system
- Programmed applications and software tools for investment banking and brokerage operations
- Maintained UNIX-based real-time database servers for distributing security prices to desktop workstations
- Authored technical documentation and programming guides on telecom-related products