Jun 2003 - Present
CIO/VP of Information Technology
In charge of leading the credit union's IT strategic guidance within the Executive Management Team. Principal Director for the overall information technology direction, implementing solutions and providing support at the credit union since 2003. Responsible for all aspects of technology, including the overall security of Public Service Credit Union's network, data systems, and operational systems.
Responsible for developing and managing complex IT projects ensuring successful, on-time, and budget-compliant completion. Instrumental in aligning corporate vision and goals by developing the credit union's online presence, implementing a mobile device strategy, and establishing information security policies/processes for managing risk; disaster recovery, hardware, applications, data, and employee access in compliance to regulations.
- Responsible for enterprise wide IT processes; data center operations, desktop and server support/roll-outs, help desk, software evaluation and delivery, telecommunication support, and remote operations.
- Manage a department of 5 employees, guaranteeing continuous 24 hour support for all systems internal and external. Created processes ensuring departmental career development, team building and increased employee retention.
- Responsible for creating departmental procedures and policies according to the strict Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLB). Under my command the CU achieved and still maintains a very low compliance CAMEL rating from the state of Michigan auditors
- Responsible of internal control systems, using regulatory IT frameworks, industry standards applications and assessment methodologies to ensure regulatory compliance. In charge of Risk and vulnerability assessment. Performed in-house penetration testing using open source tools, Backtrack, Metasploit, Rapid 7.
- Responsible for revamping IT support efforts throughout the organization. Established a Help Desk Ticketing System which significantly improved problem resolution and identified troubled areas.
- Responsible for evaluating, supporting and delivering for all Online Products, Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Online Chat, Online Loan and new Account opening.
- Responsible executive for planning and implementing business continuity, risk assessment and vulnerability tactics into all critical areas of the Credit Union.
- Plan and manage an IT budget in excess of one million dollars annually and implemented innovative hardware and software solutions to reduce expenses and stay within approved limits.
- Facilitated two headquarter and data center moves with zero network and operations downtime.
- In charge of complex projects with a high rate of completion: Communications vendor change-over (data and voice), Vmware virtualization initiative (currently 90% virtualized), Email upgrade and support (MS Exchange), Firewall and Security appliances design and configuration, (Cisco ASA 5520, Astaro, with fail-over) Network upgrades and monitoring system, Intranet design and management (SharePoint).
- Created in-house programs to streamline operations and provide cost effective solutions to industry alternatives. Designed In-house PHP applications with SQL and MYSQL back-end that allows front line employees to gather, schedule and monitor member activity. Created application and workflows to distribute, consolidate and archive member applications and documents.
- Established analytic program which provides dashboard information of key performance indicators.
- Responsible for vendor relationship management. Primary contact for all IT and technology related Vendors.
- Responsible for the Board of Director's technology initiatives and support. Established mobile access program (tablets and laptops) facilitating board meetings and report delivery.
Mar 2002 - Jun 2003
Lead contractor assigned to Trinity Health Systems. Project was for client OS migration from windows 98 to windows 2000 and Novell network upgrade from 3.9 to 4.1. Responsible for application development and delivery using Novell Application Launcher (NAL). Managing and maintaining access levels for users by creating and modifying scripts ensuring compliancy with the HIPAA privacy rules.
Interviewed users and analyzed requirements to create customized delivery methods of applications and services. The position required a high degree of confidentiality and attention to detail. Created and maintain a database for all required changes.
1991 - 2003
Consulting company for network and computer support to Small Businesses in Metro Detroit area. Designed, build and managed complete networks, administered and supported clients for all their computer and networking needs.
Responsible for analyzing clients’ needs for designing custom network solutions. Various projects involved hardware design and built, web design, email, and document management. Supervised a team of five technicians and one administrator.
Sep 1995 - Dec 2001
Senior Network Administrator
Michigan National Bank
Senior Systems Administrator responsible for designing, documenting, deploying and managing networked applications. Lead liaison with the Engineering department for server upgrades and corporate Email Support (Lotus Notes).Responsible monitoring the safety and reliability of all network systems.
- Antivirus Project Leader:Corporatewide project for all North America locations. Lead team member of seven administrators and fifteen technicians. Designed, distributed and maintained thecorporateantivirus system solution.International liaison for Antivirus vendor McAfee: Corporateattachment to Vendors Development Team. During my tenure virus attacks and infections were minimized to less than 5%.
- Disaster Recovery and System Backups Team Leader: Designed andimplemented disaster recoverypoliciesand procedures.Instrumentalon the W2K project, for testing legacyapplicationsand by coordinating the Disaster Recovery equipment for annual testing.
- Application Developer:In charge of application development utilizing Novel ZenWorks and batch scripting. Developed and managed lab Intranet for IT department for team collaboration.
- Network Restructure Team Member:Team was responsible for complete network overhaul, from cabling to NDSrestructuring. Coordinated hardware upgrades and system tools installationfor traffic management and optimization.
- Network Administrator: Network administration and the primary technical consultant to all executive level employees
1994 - 1995
Contract worker assigned to Chrysler Corporation for network and workstation migration. Client was upgrading their Novell 3.11 Netware to version 4.1 for all Michigan locations. Team leader of 5 technicians assigned to analyze client requirements, design and execute migration plan. Responsible for migrating Windows NT servers into the Netware infrastructure. Requested back by client for follow up, troubleshoot and to resolve migration issues.
1992 - 1995
In charge of managing the operations for a 400 seat capacity restaurant at the GM Tech Plaza.
- Administrator of two Point Of Sales systems; Remanco and Micros
- Overseeing the day to day operation of the restaurant including cleaning, floor plan lay-out, table settings and theme of the restaurant.
- Responsible for all hiring, training, supervising, promoting and firing of staff.
- Working with the chef and cooks to determine menu plans on a daily basis.
- In charge of purchasing all items including food, beverages, equipment and supplies.
- Managing all accounts payable and receivable, handling payroll and hiring accountants or bookkeepers if required.
- Meeting, greeting and getting feedback from customers.
- Advertising and marketing the restaurant within the community.
- Banquet and special events manager.
1991 - 1992
Phoenix East Flight School
FAA Certified Pilot. Multi-Engine, Instrument rated.
1981 - 1985
School of Psychology
Jan 1978 - Jan 1979
A.S. School of Electronics
Technical School of Electronics Design