Developed strategy, brand positioning and tactical plan for the iO digital cable service suite of services including HDTV, VOD, DVR, iO Games, and the Optimum Rewards customer loyalty program - all within a highly charged competitive environment. Oversaw all marketing and advertising programs and spearheaded strategic marketing partnerships with content providers.
- Drove 10% HDTV penetration among digital subscriber base by extending HDTV campaign to retail and to targeted audience demographic.
- Created 1st ever VOD e-mail promotion that significantly increased VOD buy rates among both VOD users and non-VOD users.
Director, Direct Marketing (2005)
Developed and managed $20-million direct and interactive marketing budget to achieve subscriber and revenue growth goals. Tactics utilized included direct mail, E-mail/E-newsletter, banner advertising, outbound telemarketing, and answering machine messaging. Tested new tactics, offers and timing to determine optimal effectiveness. Led team of six individuals responsible for execution of monthly marketing plans, including test design, analytics, results reporting and project management.
- Developed comprehensive and efficient marketing plan by integrating and consolidating disparate single-service plans, saving over $1 million and maintaining budgeted sales.
- Conceived of, and launched multi-service, dynamic content e-newsletter, resulting in a 25% open rate, an increase of 5% over previous single-service, static e-newsletters.
- Launched content for the Optimum Advisor website, which provides customers with added value opinions and guides for purchasing and using advanced technological services.
- Promoted to Director, Digital TV Strategy
Director, Marketing & Advertising, iO digital cable service (2001-2005)
Led creation and execution of $40-million integrated marketing budget for the digital video service to penetrate and grow new targeted markets. Communicated with internal departments, executive management, advertising agencies and vendors. Used feedback loop to enhance marketing plans to meet corporate subscriber acquisition and revenue growth goals.
- Created digital cable service product launch marketing plan, contributing 300K digital customer conversion in year 1, to an ultimate 60% digital market penetration, an industry high.
- Developed targeted, integrated direct mail campaigns that increased sales leads by 15%.
- Designed budget building and communication process that streamlined reporting, increased workflow efficiencies, and eliminated redundancies.
- Helped to secure $1MM+ in marketing co-op dollars with outside partners.
- Promoted to Director, Direct Marketing
Manager, Revenue Growth, video service (2000-2001)
Developed and managed an $8 million revenue enhancement and customer upgrade budget, utilizing a wide range of marketing tools, including partnership marketing, direct-mail pieces, and outbound telemarketing. Defined and evaluated product marketing collateral, programs, and analyses. Tracked, projected, and reported on all marketing efforts. Maintained communication with management, and cross-departmentally to ensure marketing activities aligned with business goals. Directed marketing associates in the creation of marketing materials.
- Successfully maintained and increased premium-service customer base by designing and implementing strategic customer-upgrade projects.
- Analyzed and refined outbound telemarketing programs to achieve average overall close rates of 7.5%.
- Promoted to Director, Marketing & Advertising
Senior Analyst Strategic Market Planning (1999-2000)
Marketing, System and Product liaison between systems in Ohio, Massachusetts and Michigan. Ensured all products, marketing, programming and operational activities were in alignment with corporate. Promoted to Manager, Revenue Growth.