Yew Wah International Education School, Shanghai-Lingang
Head of Secondary School
- Leading and managing day to day operations of the school including taking responsibility for the budget, human resources, and communications.
- Mentoring and Coaching teachers to raise the quality of teaching and learning, as well as leading the teacher appraisal process.
- Leading the recruitment and retention of teachers and the continued professional development of colleagues.
- Writing and distributing high-quality documents providing colleague, parents and other stakeholders with important information about both the school’s curriculum and pedagogical practices.
- Establishing a communications network that provided a consistent flow of salient information about the school.
- Supporting a school-wide standardised testing program (Cambridge Checkpoint, IGCSE, A-Level, CEM testing) including interpreting results and overseeing intervention strategies.
- Visiting classrooms to observe the implementation of the curriculum and the use of appropriate pedagogical strategies, and providing feedback to teachers.
- Chairing meetings of the Secondary Leadership Group, Heads of Department and Phase Level Leaders.