Yew Wah International Education School, Shanghai-Lingang
Head of Secondary School
- As Head of Operations, I have overseen the growth of our school from 61 students when I took up post to over 700 on roll, including 450 in the secondary section.
- Overseeing the recruitment and retention of the best available teachers in the international sector.
- Mentoring and Coaching teachers to raise the quality of teaching and learning, as well as leading a teacher appraisal process rooted in school improvement.
- Line Manager of Academic Coordinators for KS3, ks4, and KS5, Head of Pastoral Care, Director of Data, Assessment and Reporting, Sports and Activities Coordinator, University Guidance Officers and School Office.
- Head of Centre for Cambridge International with responsibility for leading all aspects of eternal assessment and examinations.
- Writing and distributing high-quality documents providing colleagues, parents and other stakeholders with important information about both the school’s curriculum and pedagogical practices, and working with Heads of Department and curriculum teams to align curriculum models with the requirements of the Chinese National Curriculum, the English National Curriculum and YCIS/YWIES Standards.
- Establishing a communications network that provided a consistent flow of salient information about the school focusing on the recruitment and retention of students.
- Supporting a school-wide standardised testing program (Cambridge Checkpoint, IGCSE, A-Level, CEM testing) including interpreting results and overseeing intervention strategies.
- Visiting classrooms to observe the implementation of the curriculum and the use of appropriate pedagogical strategies, and providing feedback to teachers.
- Chairing meetings of the Secondary Leadership Group, Heads of Department and Phase Level Leaders.