- Material Characterization:
- Gold & Mining
I'm interesting in product development (R&D) or production. As a material engineer I have the knowledge to research, develop, specified and design materials (like polymer, metals, ceramics, and composites) from raw materials to finished product. I took special courses in corrosion, mining and glass. I have experience in research, specially in Material Characterization and I have knowledge in simulation software (FlexPDE y SolidCast), multimedia edition, project management software (PODIO) and management tools like KPIs and BSC.
As a volunteer I've been able to lead people of different backgrounds, work in teams, sales, public speaking, teaching, handle the logistic of events and protocol.
I would like to contribute to development of a better society and a more enjoyable word.
Oct 2008Sep 2014
Feb 2005Aug 2009
Chemical Technology (Not finished)
Universidad Tecnológica de Pereira
Sep 2014Mar 2015
Aug 2013Jan 2014
EPM (multi-utility company): Power Transmission & Distribution Area
- -Study, specifications, selection and technical tests of copper to aluminum power connectors ● Contact providers and technical visits.
- Achievement: Fundraising of materials for the internship project: providers donned the materials, and external laboratories help us with specific assay
- Contact: GABRIEL CARMONA ZAPATA firstname.lastname@example.org
Mar 2009Jul 2013
Young Research (Student Assistant)
University of Antioquia – Research Group CIDEMAT
- Laboratory Analyst: operation and data analysis of Raman Spectrometer and other equipment for materials identification ● Assistant in projects related to corrosion, hard coating, renewal energies ● Logistic team in some events like seminars, and staff in some technical fairs to offer the service portfolio to external companies.
- Contact: FÉLIX ECHEVERRÍA ECHEVERRÍA email@example.com
- Article “Estudio de las propiedades de mezclas de alcohol polivinílico-almidón de yuca-sorbitol obtenidas por casting”, in Revista Colombiana de Materiales. 4(2013). 41–55.
- Poster about molten salt for solar thermal concentrators, in VII International Materials Congress. Medellin (Colombia), 2013.
- Oral presentation about molten salt for solar thermal concentrators, in XXII International Materials Research Congress. Cancun (México), 2013.
- Oral presentation about antiinflamotory effect of natural products, in X Colombian Congress of Phytochemistry. Popayán (Colombia), 2009.
1) Team Leader (Feb 2014 – Dec 2015)
AIESEC in Colombia (Local Chapter: UdeA), NGO
- Internal communication (2015-actual): support the implementation of a new virtual platform ● Outgoing Exchange Director (2014-2015): lead and develop a 10 member team for sales, selection and support of exchange participants ● External Relationships (Sep-2014): fundraising and logistic for a recruitment event ● National Support Team (2014-2): Responsible of Training Cycle for national Marketing members, facilitate national events.
- Achievement: A national award for outgoing exchange Tier 1 (Dec 2014)
2) Social Exchange (Jun 2015 – Jul 2015: 1.5 months )
AIESEC – Dr José Peralta Public School ( in Manta, Ecuador)
- Support art and science class for children aged between 6 and 11 ● Talks about interculturality and natural resources ● Motivate children to read.
- Learning Point: Work with kids and people of different cultural mindset
3) Sport & City Events:
- Translation support team, in World Urban Forum (2014)
- The Bahamas Team Assistant, in Panamerican Softball Championship (2012)
- Protocol team, in U-20 World cup (2011)
- Delegate services and protocol for Medal Ceremonies in: Suramerican Junior Diving Championship (2013), Panamerican Junior Diving Championship (2011) and X Suramerican Games (2010).