- Bilingual: French and English
- Solid experience in Training and Development. (see Skills section)
- Experience in industrial settings and as self employed consultant as well, (see Work History section)
- Very versatile: types of clients, assignments or work environments, (see Work History section)
- Masters' Degree in Communications and Baccalaureate in Psychosociology of Communication (see Education section)
- Expert level with Word, Powerpoint. Very good with Excel and Access.
Masters training and development process. Good understanding of organizational functioning. Experience in counselling people about their professional development and counselling management about organizational change. Known to propose innovative solutions, which meet the needs of the departments and personnel involved. Supports change implementation.
Calm and caring for people. Earns colleagues’ and clients' trust. Strong team worker, dedicated to the success of assignments and recognition of everyone's efforts. Creative, autonomous, responsible and honest. Successfully completes personal assignments.
87 hours program, designed for Aluminerie Alouette Training Team, in preparation for the integration and training of 340 new employees. Almost all of training material had to be updated. New instructors had to be trained in instruction, group facilitation, skills and knowledge assessment.
- Diploma with honours.
- FCAR excellence grant recipient.
2007 - Present
Training and Development Specialist
- Training workshops (soft-skills) designer and facilitator.
- TWI (Training Within Industry) methods actualization for instructors (On-the-floor training) and supervisors (Work relationships and Continuous improvement leadership within his own team).
1998 - 2007
Training and Development assignments
- Managers' competencies development: In close collaboration with the Université du Québec à Chicoutimi [University of Quebec at Chicoutimi], designed a training program to help managers acquire the necessary skills to integrate coaching in corporate culture.
- Supervisor's Training: Needs assessment and design of a complete development program, in line with corporate objectives, policies and procedures. Design and facilitation of training workshops; hiring and follow up of trainers; program evaluations; training planning.
- Covered themes: leadership, coaching, priorities management, team building, team meetings facilitation, legal responsibilities, corporate policies and programs, etc.
- Peer helper program implementation and facilitation for first level supervisors.
- Training plans conception and follow up for all operation jobs.
- Design of skills assessment grids for operators in line with approved work instructions (ISO 9001 and 14001, OHSAS 18001 compliant).
- Project leader: Implementation of an online test software (Perception 3 from QuestionMark) used to evaluate knowledge and understanding of concepts related to each operational task.
- Training, assessment and coaching of in-house classroom facilitators and on-the-job instructors.
- Assessment of the instructional aspects for operation and maintenance training.
- Planning and coordination for health and safety training (Fire and Emergency Squad, lockout procedures, accident investigation, first aid, confined and enclosed spaces, etc.)
- Annual training plan preparation.
- Training budget follow-up in assigned areas.
- Training material transformation from paper based to web based material, using Captivate and Dreamweaver.
- Planning and coordination of the integration program for permanent, temporary and student employees.
Organizational Development assignments
- Advisor role in new enterprise programs and related communication plans, including participation in pilot committees.
- Intranet transition pilot committee leader: Proposal and project design from idea to leading implementation committee. (Transition was from a data silo type to a HR type Intranet, focused to support both informational and training needs for employees).
- Contribution to special activities (shows, family day, etc.) to promote employee involvement.
- ISO and OHSAS sector leader and intern auditor (ISO 9001 and 14001, OHSAS 18001 compliance).
1991 - 1999
Database Application Designer.
- Application used to do qualitative analysis of interviews. Patient/doctor Communication Research Team, Family Health Clinic in Cité de la Santé de Laval. (1996 -1998)
Main writer for a patient/doctor communication research proposal. (1997)
Documentation Researcher, Department of Communications. (1991 - 1996)
- Subjects: Supervision at work (1994 - 1996); Scientific nature of qualitative research (1993 - 1995); Sociological funding theories of psychosociology (1992); Love relationships (1991).
1992 - 1998
Trainer, Consultant, Designer
Trainer (in team-teaching) and workshop designer on the subject of praxeology (1996 - 1998)
- How to improve one's effectiveness in interpersonal communication; professors/physicians team, Clinique de santé familiale [Family Health Clinic] de la Cité de la Santé de Laval [Laval City Hospital].
Organizational development and communication consultant (1992 - 1998)
- Main clients: Qualisys, consultant firm (many assignments for various clients as sub-contracting party); Uniboard Canada Sayabec division and Câbles Phillips (Design and implementation of quality (ISO) documentation consultation system based on Adobe Acrobat.) Réseau d'Échanges et d'Informations sur le Cancer du Sein [Quebec breast cancer information exchange network] (Electonic documentation design principles.) Association des Manœuvres Interprovinciaux [Association of Interprovincial Manual Laborers] (Communication plan design).
Training material and workshop designer (1992 - 1998)
- Organizational development; leadership development; team meeting management; team building; team work; change management; sociotechnical design of organizations; process reengineering; workspace remodelling according to business processes; interpersonal communication effectiveness improvement (praxeology); presentations preparation and presenting (for operation teams); etc.
- Main clients: Qualisys (various assignments including le Théâtre du Nouveau Monde [New World Theater] and Westroc); Université du Québec à Montréal [University of Quebec at Montreal]; Family health clinic research team at Cité de la Santé de Laval; Quebec School boards Federation.
Windows 3.1 and AmiPro 2.0 Trainer, Commission des Affaires sociales du Québec [Commission of Social Affairs of Quebec] (1992 - 1993)
- Beginning to advanced level, all hierarchical levels. To help people make the transition from typewriter to word processor. Change management, mouse usage and users' support.
Micro-computer Private Trainer (1992 - 1998)
- Internet (browsing and searching); Access databases; Word processing; Presentation design.
Self-Paced Training Material Designer, Commission des Affaires sociales du Québec (1992 - 1993)
- Introduction to Windows 3.1 and Introduction to AmiPro 2.0 (videos and exercise manuals).
1991 - 1993
Assistant for the internships' program appointed teacher (1991-1993)
Program, pedagogical material and textbook designer, for the 90 hours course: "Group Facilitation and Observation", on supervision of the appointed teacher (1993)
Instructor for half of attending students of "Group Facilitation and Observation" class (1993)