Having gained valuable analytical and client experience with significant banking exposure to fixed income and derivative asset classes, I possess skills and expertise which would be well-employed by any investment team. I am committed to expanding my knowledge and skills base and have spent much time studying, including privately enrolling on the CFA course. I am now seeking junior analyst opportunities.
At school I was selected as House Captain and represented my County in rugby and athletics. Now I maintain my fitness by attending muay-thai classes and swimming.
During University I was involved in founding and becoming Treasurer of the ‘Current Affairs Society' (200 members). Today I continue this interest by attending regular public speaking meetings at London Business School, often talking about topical issues.
I manage a private family growth stock portfolio with a medium to long-term outlook. This has made positive returns for the last four years including through-out the credit crisis.
I enjoy seeing the world immensely and in my recent time-off I attended the Rio Carnival, paragliding over the famous Copacabana beach. I also completed the gruelling Inca trail, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, and spent time volunteering in an orphanage in Peru.
Mar 2010 - Present
Fixed Income Structuring - ABS
- Long-term FO internship with ASG (Asset Securitisation Group), extended after strong results in performance appraisal.
- Prepared and delivered regular proposals for ABS, MBS, CLO, CDO and CDS products for Credit Committee Reviews which involved presenting to various team heads and the UK Head of Risk explaining details of SPV structures. This gave significant exposure to the tranching or risk, and to embedded derivatives such as FX and IR swaps, options and step-up coupons.
- Constructued study for Global Head of ASG analysing predicted ratings on legacy book SPV’s versus actual rating agency data to test ASG prediction accuracy and identify key prediction characteristics.
- Conducted performance analysis of SPV structures ASG exposed to and designed risk review template that was adopted by ASG.
- Created excel macro which utilised information on Reuters and Bloomberg to significantly reduce time taken to research new structured finance deals issued in the marketplace in order to update database used globally by structurers, traders, salespeople, portfolio managers and external clients.
- Prepared pitches for client presentations to win new structured finance mandates for team ranked No.1 for European Securitisation (IFR 2008). Other awards include Credit Derivatives House of the Year (Euromoney 2008), Stellar Award CDO Structuring (2008 The Asset) and Structured Products House of the Year (2009 Risk Magazine).
Feb 2009 - Feb 2010
Travelling / Volunteering / Studying
- Backpacked through Asia, Australasia and South America and volunteered in an orphanage in Peru.
- Completed IMC qualifications and passed CFA Level 1
Jun 2008 - Feb 2009
Futures Clearing, Relationship Specialist
- Projects included relationship management of high value clients. Established collaboration with sales, execution and operational colleagues which resulted in winning the division’s single highest fee generating client worth over $10m per year.
- Researched and delivered PowerPoint presentation on operational risks faced by the Futures team to management to facilitate restructuring process making the group significantly more efficient.
- Resolved futures trade discrepancies on EUREX exchange (most daily volume of all futures exchanges). Promoted to being Global Point-Of-Contact for EUREX issues for internal and external clients. This made me front-line response in initiating and orchestrating firm-wide resources to fund managers and prop trading client issues.
- Anticipated sales and trading staff future requirements by originating and delivering a training programme on new software that was adopted.
- Resolved T+1 queries, catalogued and analysed query statistics, and introduced query allocation system which reduced age of outstanding issues by 15% in a period of unprecedented market volatility.
Aug 2006 - May 2008
- Forged dialogues with senior executives at client corporations to advise and resolve loan-related maintenance issues in order to fulfil responsibilities of managing a European-originated Portfolio of Loan Clients. Subsequently promoted to settling most complex and high risk portfolio of par, distressed and bi-lateral client loans.
- Instigated research and liaised with external debt law specialists to set precedent in dispute with client hedge fund over interest cash flows concerning tradable loans, submitting final report to European Head of Credit Trading for authorisation.
- Constructed models for the calculation of interest analysis, fee analysis, and counter party waiver fees significantly creating extra capacity.
- Organised and delegated client query system to the team, driving down backlog by 90% in 3 month period.
- Spearheaded loan groups’ BCP (Business Continuity Plan): collaborated with global committee to design, test and implement procedure in case of unforeseen incidents in accordance with BSI (British Standards Institution) specifications.
- Organised team-building away day volunteering at a local inner city farm to promote group integration when another team was merged with ours.
Queen Mary, U. of London
- Final year dissertation: analysed the merger of HP and Compaq.
- Modules included Statistics, Corporate Finance and Financial Accounting.
- Won annual university stock pickers competition.