Marketing Manager – Uniqema (Chemicals Business), Pakistan.
ICI Pakistan Limited, Pakistan (A member of ICI Plc, U.K.)
As the Head of Sales & Marketing, Pakistan, reporting functionally to General Manager, Chemicals and operationally to respective Global SBU Managers, responsibilities included; development and execution of strategies in-line with local market needs & alignment with global strategic direction, delivery of bottom line & compliance with SSH&E / ISO standards. As part of the business growth plan, three SBUs, Performance Technology (PT), Personal Care (PC), and Lubricants (Lubes) were prioritized to improve focus, PT being the core business. Product Portfolio / Pricing of the Textiles segment re-defined to foster robust growth & distribution strategy implemented to improve customer focus, reduce order lead time and improve working capital by switching from “Direct Distribution” to “Distributor Based Operations”. The adhesive segment re-positioned to offer various products for specific market segments. In view of the aggressive business growth plans, the organizational capability was re-structured to increase the HR strength from 26 to 34.
- Winner, CEO’s Special Performance Bonus – 2002.
- 14% GM Growth in 2002 and accepted the challenge of maintaining the level while absorbing additional distributor margins of 14%.
- Working Capital Reduction (Rs. 178m-Rs. 71m), 100% secured debt.
- Coordinating development and implementation of SAP.
- Member, CCG (Commercial Career Group) & Job Evaluator, Hay Methodology.