Enjoy running and crew; modern and contemporary art; biographies and fantasy novels
Ada Polla Tray is the co-creator of the cosmeceutical line Alchimie Forever. With Drs. Luigi and Barbara Polla, owners of the two medical spas Forever Laser Institut in Geneva, Switzerland, she helped to launch this 15-sku antioxidant skin care line in Europe, North America, and is expanding the business to Asia. Ada is on the editorial board of PCI Magazine, a member of the ISPA marketing committee, a contributor to numerous trade magazines, and a frequent speaker at Georgetown University and industry conferences. She also consults for a number of medical spas.
May 2003 - May 2002
- Developed 10-sku skin care product line. Advised on texture, smell, and color of products; defined branding strategy; chose product names; created packaging and promotional materials. Coordinated production of products.
- Evaluated opportunities for product launch in the U.S., including financial projections and operating plan. Investigated FDA regulations; initiated trademark searches and registrations; assessed distribution channels.
- Supervised creation of corporate web site. Developed and translated content in French and English; analyzed opportunities for e-commerce.
Jun 1998 - May 2002
Consultant (medical spa)
- Researched U.S. spa market for novel trends and opportunities (tradeshows, industry reviews, interviews). Presented report to management and implemented new services and operating practices in Switzerland.
- Co-authored scientific review published in Ageing Research Reviews (January 2003) on benefits of iron chelation.
- Authored corporate e-mail newsletter (6 times per year), bolstering Internet customer inquiries by 50%.
Jan 2001 - May 2002
- Conducted market research to drive product positioning and identify growth prospects. Improved and expanded sales material. Trained and managed international sales force of 40. Generated annual sales increase of 30%, making the Vbeam Candela’s best-selling product.
- Initiated and monitored clinical studies with physicians, yielding 10 white papers and 2 published papers. Collaborated with Regulatory Department to gain additional FDA clearances, including facial wrinkles.
- Gathered input from Service Department and customers via surveys. Identified reliability and user-friendliness problems. Prioritized product enhancements with Engineering Department and successfully lobbied management for approval. Resulted in increased device reliability and customer satisfaction.
Jul 1999 - Dec 2000
Analyst (Telecommunications and Internet clients
- Supported launch of second Moroccan mobile operator, Meditel. Conducted focus groups to evaluate potential brand names and logos; created brochures, packaging, and point of sale materials for distributors and end consumers. Coordinated work of two advertising agencies to ensure coherence of message. Hired, trained, and managed ten local employees to replace consultants.
- Other projects include: investment opportunity analysis, US market entry strategy definition.
• Graduated in top 5% of class; recipient of merit-based scholarship: Georgetown MBA Scholar• Co-President: Georgetown Entrepreneurship Association• Member: Graduate Women in Business, Net Impact (students for socially responsible business)
• Graduated magna cum laude, GPA: 4.0; member Phi Beta Kappa honors society• Recipient of Dudley House Arms Certificate for dedicated and faithful service (student council)• Worked 15-20 hours/week to defray tuition costs