- Machine design (9 years)
- SolidWorks (8 years)
- FEA (5 years)
- Machine assembly (9 years)
- Precision machine alignment and calibration (8 years)
- Servo-hydraulics (7 years)
- Systems integration (9 years)
- System checkout and test (9 years)
Aug 2013 - Present
Brampton Engineering is the world leader in the design and engineering of 5 - 11 layer blown film lines for high barrier applications in the food, medical and industrial packaging industries.
Apr 2011 - Aug 2013
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Spearhead the redesign of the QLAP product line, a high end haptic device used to simulate laparoscopic surgery. Efforts resulting in an annual savings of $300k.
- Lead the design and development of a new, cost-eﬀective family of products for teaching control concepts. Responsible for innovative quick disconnect design, improving the way students interact with the experiment modules.
- Prepare detailed drawings, speciﬁcations, BOM and work instructions.
- Primary interface point to fabrication and machine shops. Build and maintain vendor relationships, perform onsite inspection as necessary.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer and production ﬂoor issues.
- Champion and implement a product life-cycle management system to track the evolution of parts and facilitate the engineering change process.
Jan 2006 - Apr 2011
Mechanical Design Engineer
MTS is a global leader in supplying servo-hydraulic test systems. MTS' unique solutions enable research and development in the ﬁelds of aerospace, automotive, medical, structural engineering and wind energy. Clients of MTS include Boeing, Formula 1 race teams, Lockheed Martin, NASA and Toyota.
Friction Stir Welding Group: Responsible for all life-cycle elements related to mechanical engineering on many concurrent projects including applications, design, assembly, integration, checkout, field installation and sub-job budget management.
- Design and build of large, complex, multi-axis FSW machinery used to manufacture the latest generation of NASA's space launch vehicle.
- Model, analyze and predict performance of servo-hydraulic and servo-mechanical systems.
- Design, select and size machine components and feedback sensors.
- Pivotal member of applications team successful in generating several multi-million dollar contracts:
- develop concept and create corresponding model in SolidWorks
- estimate material costs and required labor to execute project
- prepare technical proposal
- Lead Engineer for several field installations:
- plan and schedule mechanical and systems level tasks using MS Project
- perform precision alignment and calibration
- hands-on role in the assembly and verification of mechanical subsystems
- provide technical direction for crew of assembly technicians and subcontractors
- Responsible for accuracy and maintenance of technical documentation:
- perform engineering analysis and design calculations using Mathcad
- create SolidWorks models and drawings at both the system and component level
- produce work instructions, assembly plans, and checkout procedures
- Provide technical support for production floor, warranty and service issues including system performance and machine calibration.
- Train peers and assembly technicians on the use of a Faro 3D laser tracker.
FE/EIT: PASSED (91/100), taken April 2005 Engineer-In-Training Enrollment Date: June 3, 2005
Tutor, North Dakota State University, September 2005 - December 2005
Tutor for following engineering courses:
- Statics, Dynamics, Mechanics of Materials
SolidWorks 2011, Autodesk Simulation CFD, PTC Creo 2.0, Windchill 10, Matlab R2011a, Simulink, Mathcad 14, ANSYS 12.0, SolidWorks Simulation, SolidWorks Workgroup PDM, Aras Innovator, Python, SAP, I-DEAS, C, MediaWiki, CAM2 Measure X (Faro Laser Tracker), MS Project, MS OneNote, MS Excel, MS Word
Sep 2001 - Dec 2005
3.96/4.00 Grade Point Average