Tab is a mobile payments and reservations application in roughly 100 of Canada's top restaurants spread across Toronto and Montreal. With roughly 15k users, transacting over $500k Tab has emerged as a leader in mobile payments for dining, with aims of furthering market dominance in reservations.
Sales, Operations, and Growth
- Led all sales efforts nationally partnering with 100 of Canada's top restaurants
- Developed sales process and playbook, established metrics, trained and coached sales team
- Developed user acquisition strategy and led online marketing campaigns to drive user acquisition and engagement via paid installs, email marketing, and content marketing campaigns, managing online marketing budget of ~$5k/month.
Business Development and Partnerships
- Established compelling co-marketing partnerships with leading consumer brands to fuel Tab's consumer growth:
- Uber - monthlong campaign promoting mobile payments at select restaurants
- Cineplex - monthlong "dinner and a movie" campaign at select restaurants
- Mastercard - partnered on "priceless dinner" series to grow Tab's Montreal restaurants base, and provide Mastercard with Toronto clients
- Forged partnership with Zagat wherein Tab provided user generated reviews, in exchange for user acquisition via placement on Zagat's web and mobile channels, and Tab sponsored articles and email campaigns
- Executed Merchant Agreement and strategic national distribution agreement to scale restaurant adoption with Moneris Solutions
- Negotiated fortuitous rates and Merchant Agreement with Amex Canada in conjuncture with co-marketing partnerships to Amex clients