- Highly motivated agriculture professional with experience in Diagnostic Food Safety sales, project management, customer service, collaborative project leadership, and hands on livestock experience, seeking an employment opportunity within the Northeast Texas (Houston) Region.
Aug 2007 - Dec 2012
Bachelor of Science
Concentration in Animal Science Industries.
Michigan State University graduate (Dec.2012) with a bachelor in Animal Science. Currently serving Neogen Corporation as a Technical Consultant for the Milling & Grain and Pet Food departments.
Under my tenure with Neogen corporation I was able to quickly move up the ranks as an Inside Sales Representative and promoted to Territory manager in less than one year. Upon my departure, to relocate to Texas, Neogen offered me a temporary position as a consultant to help streamline many projects and upgrade initiatives that I led, to help alleviate the burden of the client relationships.
Nov 2014 - Present
- Providing technical support to Neogen Corporation by performing on-site training, equipment installation, and upgrades while also providing remote technical support and recommendations.
Nov 2013 - Nov 2014
Territory Manager- South/Southwest U.S.
- Sales and customer service for class “A” accounts in the southern region of the U.S. while also overseeing the duties of the vacant Inside Sales role.
On-site interaction with customers, including product pitch, demo, and training, and technical support
Jan 2013 - Oct 2013
Inside Sales Representative
- Support of vacant Territory Manager role while also covering class “B” and “C” accounts
- Increased business with Spanish speaking clients normally non-willing to communicate.
- Year-end budget 5% higher than Department totals.
Feb 2008 - Dec 2012
The MSU Pavilion is booked 50 weeks a year for a variety of different expositions including livestock, home and garden, RV shows and the annual Spartan Stampede Rodeo.
During this time I was involved in:
- Working along-side full time employees and acted as the student supervisor for a crew of 4-7 employees.
- Assisting in the day-to-day operations of event set up and supervision of facility during the events.
- Facilitated the training of incoming student employees of shift operations, emergency procedures.
- Operated all heavy equipment on a daily basis to complete the varying daily tasks brought about by each different event.
- Worked with a variety of different clients on a regular basis, not only increasing my customer service skills but my organizational and communication skills as well.
Mar 2010 - Mar 2012
President - 2 Terms
Michigan State University Rodeo Club
- Presided over all workings of the organization throughout the year including the International Professional Rodeo Association’s Annual Spartan Stampede
- 2011 Spartan Stampede awarded the "IPRA Indoor Rodeo of the Year”
- Proved effective in growing the organization to five times the size, resulting in 50 members in good standing in final year as president
Also Served as:
- Vice President 2009-2010
- Treasurer 2008-2009
- Sponsorship and Programming chair 2009-2012
- Raised 80% of the $13,000 sponsorship revenue for three consecutive years
- Developed artwork, logos and program for the annual Spartan Stampede
May 2010 - Aug 2010
- Assisted farm manager to conduct all farm obligations including: feeding, farm maintenance, operating of all equipment and vehicles, and observation of animals for lameness and illness
- Attended to all farm species including aiding in a new research program newborn deer to be raised for tuberculosis blood donor studies. The practice of aseptic protocols while working with different species was followed at all times.
May 2009 - Aug 2009
Inspector II (Intern)
- Obtained hands on experience by working in each of four division for 2-4 week rotations
- Pesticides- assisted in investigations and inspections of retail outlets and reported cases, and proctored the pesticide applicator tests which ensure that pest control applications are performed safely by qualified individuals
- Rural Economic Development-Investigated State assistance programs which allow farmers, wishing to establish or enhance their farm or ranch operation, to receive state aide
- Regulatory Services- Carried out consumer protection inspections in a number of different programs, including checking grocery store scales and gas pumps for accuracy, ensuring eggs met specific quality standards, and verifying that nursery and floral products were free from harmful pests and diseases
- Marketing- Met with local business owners to register through the GO TEXAN Program, which promotes Texas based products communities and small businesses
International Professional Rodeo Association
- Served as President of MSU Rodeo club awarded
"Best Indoor Rodeo" of 2011 and 2012
Michigan State University- Department of Student Life 2012
- Top 5 Nominee for Senior Leader of the year
Department of Animal Science-Rodeo Club 2011
- Top Sponsorship Award