2013 - Present
Business Architect (Internal Consultant), Group
- Enabled the CIOs and Application Development Directors to proactively engage with the Business Teams and help them add value and contribute to the Business Strategy; defined IT Strategy and provide IT investment advice and identified synergies and alignment opportunities across the portfolio.
- Selected Project Experience:
- Enterprise wide Origination Capability – Target Operating Model Development
- Opportunity: Business Architecture was approached to assist in the design and development of a target state for enterprise wide origination capability, prior to detailed process mapping and solution design.
- Role: Sujesh was responsible for developing a framework and outcomes that provided a holistic view of the costs and benefits to implement the target Originations capability to support investment decision making, delivery management and benefits realization. Sujesh worked with relevant finance and BU stakeholders to develop a high level view on the costs and benefits associated with the program.
- Outcome: The resultant deliverable is expected to help the various initiatives within the Enterprise Originations program with their business cases and cut the time/effort required for business case development by 30%.
2011 - 2013
Consultant, Business Performance Improvement
SMS Management and Technology
- Provided assessment and consultation in the areas of operations management and Business Process Management.
- Selected Project Experience:
- Business Process Re-Engineering and Automation Project – Singaporean Bank
- Opportunity: A study conducted by Accenture and later by KPMG into administrative IT systems and business processes recommended delivering a new, integrated enterprise-wide business process management system. Prior to implementation, this project was to examine alternative service delivery options available to the bank capable of providing a solution for the current process and service delivery inadequacies. The project was to focus on the option of delivering these services through a business process outsourcing (BPO) arrangement.
- Role: Re-engineered retail banking processes using factory model to remove redundant and obsolete process steps; defined future staff competency models (includes roles and responsibilities), centralized v/s distributed activities, in-house v/s outsourced activities, service level agreements between branches and back office and developed the ‘to-be’ system architecture diagram;
- Outcome: Obtained commitment, support and recognition from key stakeholders throughout the bank that outsourcing has the ability to add significant business value to the organization. Approximately 30% cost efficiency expected once all processes implemented.
- ICT Strategy Review – Australian Government Agency
- Opportunity: The federal agency needed an enterprise-wide review of the organization’s information assets, evaluating the business requirements and processes for effective information use, together with an assessment of the organizational capability to manage and utilize its structured and unstructured information assets. The objective of the project was to develop an ICT Strategic Plan, which would be consistent with solid ICT governance principles and arrangements taking into consideration future government and technology trends and changing regulatory requirements.
- Role: Conducted workshops with key stakeholders to understand key business drivers, strategic business needs, the regulatory imperatives and the business constraints; Developed clear understanding of the current IT architecture and its alignment with business in order to measure that baseline against future requirements; Documented key issues, risks, gaps and opportunities from the current state assessment. Reviewed the appropriateness of support models (in-house support versus outsourced) across each of the defined services provided by IT; Conducted gap analysis that explored the issues, gaps, opportunities & risks that emerged from the baseline assessment and the operations assessment. Developed Implementation schedules articulating the identified gap that needed to be implemented following the analysis of the current as-is architecture and the to-be architecture, as governed by the principles and business drivers defined in the ICT strategic plan.
- Outcome: The IM Policy Framework provided by SMS ensured alignment with the broader vision and principles given for Enterprise Information Management at the agency. This provided the basis for determining an appropriate coverage of IM policy without overlap or gaps, and the impetus for progressing the client to a higher IM capability maturity level.
2008 - 2009
Consultant, Technology Advisory
- Provided assessment and consultation in the areas of business process management and enterprise information management with emphasis on business analysis, process modeling, operational improvement, strategy reviews, business case development and stakeholder management.
- Selected Project Experience:
- Off shoring Strategy – Professional Services Company
- Opportunity: Without sacrificing service delivery quality, a major provider of professional services wanted to gain cost advantages by offshoring certain roles as a component of its service delivery model. While the client was not experiencing a market cost impact from its current delivery model, it wanted to improve its cost effectiveness by tapping into broader pools of skilled, offshore talent.
- Role: Collaboratively worked with the client’s key functional leaders to review the activities, delivery requirements, and interdependencies of the potentially offshorable roles, and identified a range of possible offshoring models, both with and without external service providers. Working in tandem with the client’s Australia and India-based units via phone calls, in-person meetings, and workshops, Sujesh was part of the team that refined the scope of the roles to be offshored, developed the most effective sequence of transition waves, and crafted a detailed implementation and change management/communications approach.
- Outcome: The client implemented an internal offshoring model that enabled it to significantly accelerate progress toward its cost savings and service performance retention goals. It captured these benefits by executing a carefully staged approach to ensure the most effective knowledge transfer and avoid service disruptions and degradation. Program drove up efficiency levels 43% and projected $6 million in annual cost saving.
- IT Strategy Plan – Australian Utility Company
- Opportunity: The client was working towards establishing an ICT governance model for strategic planning, development, decision-making, resource allocation and funding. The goal of this project was to develop a framework that will address the needs of managing ICT at this utility company.
- Role: Developed an understanding of the current situation by instruments like 1) surveys (questionnaire using 5 point Likert scales) involving senior management and business users, 2) focus groups, 3) interviews with IT staff and business users that actively participated in recent IT projects. Investigated the benefits and limitations of the current ICT strategy that led to development of a continual service improvement plans. Developed budgets, service level agreements, project plans, communication strategies, and management/governance structures for the execution of projects.
- Outcome: The project concluded that ICT strategy has to migrate from small or medium ICT solutions to centralized service oriented solutions. Findings of this report were useful to the board, providing guidelines to effectively implement and manage IT projects.
- Budgeting and Forecasting System – Public Sector Company
- Developed complex effort estimation and costing model to determine the costs of the project to be utilized in the business case and implementation plan of a budgeting and forecasting system using Cognos TM1.
2006 - 2008
Consultant, Technology Consulting
- Collaborated with client teams to define technology strategy based on business goals and strategic initiatives; Developed efficient and profitable solutions for internal/external clients
- Selected Project Experience:
- SOA Project – Australian Bank
- Part of a team of 11 consultants including offshore resources in China. Key Responsibilities included: architectural and project management decisions; Effective liaising with project sponsors and end-users; Delivering functional and technical specifications;
- BPM Project – Asset and Wealth Management Firm
- Analyzed functional and technical design and specification for Business Process Management system (Tibco iProcess); Interviewed stakeholders, conducted business research, and issued action plans as well as financial/business reports.
2006 - 2006
Senior Application Engineer, Business Process Management
- Managed the progressive automation of business processes and content management system (IBM FileNET) for the licensing authority in Singapore.
2004 - 2006
Systems Engineer, Major Projects
Siemens Information Systems Ltd
- Involved in the development of a relational database and a workflow management system for HDFC (New Business, Policy Servicing). Developed artifacts for the design of the business process components (IBM FileNET).