Madina Group W.L.L
Reports To: Purchase Manager
Key Interfaces: Finance manager
- Receiving requisitions with technical specifications and or drawings for procurement of materials, tools, consumables and assets.
- Identifying potential suppliers; responsible to sourcing materials for purchase at most competitive price with best payment terms and favorable delivery to meet the project requirements.
- Floating enquiries to all prospective suppliers with required purchasing data.
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress.
- Responsible for raising Purchase orders, send to supplier after getting approval from authority and follow up to ensure the delivery dates are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring sufficient information is included in the purchase order to eliminate the possibility of ambiguity, which could result in incorrect supply.
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers/ Clients
- Responsible for updating supplier master database in ERP.
- Responsible Providing latest prevailing prices for updating internal database and beautifying various purchase reports.
- Producing reports and statistics using computer software
- Assisting Proposals & Project engineers for deliveries of materials from various suppliers/ Subcontractors.
- Preparing annual supplier performance assessment and get approval from Operations manager.
- Developing an organization’s purchasing strategy; responsible for implementation and maintenance of approved procedure.
- Forecasting likely levels of demand for services, equipments, products and / or component parts to be used in any manufacturing process
- Conducting research to ascertain market trends and needs
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities
- Developing market knowledge and contacts for new products and services
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors;
- Processing supplier payments and invoices;
- Keeping Contract files and using them as reference for the future;
- Ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives;
- Responsible for Checking costs, quality and levels of service;
- Keeping a constant check on stock levels to maximize business efficiency;
- Attending meetings and trade conferences;
- Visiting distribution centers and suppliers;
- Training and supervising the work of other members of staff.