1991 - 1997
1979 - 1991
Elementary through High School
Nov 2008 - Present
Primary Client: SNV (December 2008 – July 2009)
Sharepoint Solutions Architect - SNV, Den Haag (December 2008 - July 2009)
SNV Intranet Project
- Gathered new business and functional requirements from platform owners and key user groups
- Designed custom solutions and created functional/technical specifications utilized by the development group.
- Coordinated the development, testing and deployment activities on the Sharepoint (MOSS) Intranet platform to ensure a successful and timely go-live.
- Managed and maintained all aspects relating to MOSS administration and configuration
- Provided coaching and hands-on training to Sharepoint 1st line and 2nd line support personnel
SNV Online Strategy Development
Tasked by Head of Communications to help define a vision and strategy for SNV's online communication & collaboration that was inline with their goal and ambitions. Our efforts in the 8-week duration resulted in 3 presentations to management including a final presentation with recommendations to the executive board.
Key phases consisted of:
- Analysis & Benchmarking
- Vision & Ambition Development
- Composition of Scenarios
Dec 2007 - Jul 2008
Web Systems & Development Manager
Danone Place Schiphol
- Managed resources hired (contracted or FTE) on web systems-related programmes, projects and on-going support initiatives.
- Assessed the current vendor activities and support agreements on the Internet Farm environment with respect to costs incurred and services provided. Presented results, recommendations and new proposals to management.
- Advised management on new and leading internet technologies which are relevant to the business and the company.
- Established new vendor relationships, when necessary, relating to the support and new development initiatives on all managed web infrastructures.
- Interfaced with the business management to adapt and match software development priorities with business and strategic goals.
- Continued to oversee and manage new development and enhancement initiatives on the Sharepoint-based Portal systems.
Projects at Danone
Web-based Active Directory Management Tool(2nd release planned for April 2008)
- Managed the design, development and deployment of a custom .NET web application enabling global site administrators and authorized personnel to manage employee Active Directory accounts and Exchange mailboxes.
- Developed in C#, ASP.NET 2.0 and AJAX.
- The application is used by administrators in over 25 countries worldwide.
CommVault Backup for Sharepoint systems
- Involved in replacement of the VERITAS backup with CommVault on both the Extranet and Intranet environments to provide more granular site, content and file restoration option to users and site administrators.
DANONE Integration and Relabeling
- Collaborated with counterparts within the new parent organisation to ensure that employees within both organizations can connect and access web resources using their current company credentials.
- Implemented new branding requirements on all corporate web systems.
Jul 2005 - Dec 2007
Danone Place Schiphol
- Managed all resources and activities in project lifecycles relating to the Enterprise Portal and global web applications.
- Responsible for requirements analysis, time & cost management.
- Gathered & translated business requirements into functional and technical solutions.
Sharepoint Extranet (WSS 3.0, ISA 2006)
A portal designed and implemented to provide the business with a highly secure environment to collaborate, share content and communicate with key external entities such as partners, suppliers, vendors and PR firms. External access to the environment is provisioned through 2-Factor authentication using RSA Secure ID and a perimeter AD Domain.
- Managed resources on all phases in the design, test and implementation of the company Extranet.
- Liaised between the key business stakeholders and the technical implementers to ensure all business objectives are met in a cost-effective and timely fashion.
Additional technologies utilized: McAfee Portal Shield, Active Directory, VMware, SQL Server 2005, MOM 2005
Sharepoint Intranet (SPS 2003, CMS 2002, WSS 2.0)
The Numico Intranet is a communication platform that provides enterprise content management and collaboration tools for departments and groups globally connected through the company WAN. The environment is accessible to 80% or 10,000 company employees.
- Responsible for all technical development and support activities relating to the corporate Intranet
- Managed all C# custom web parts development initiatives.
- Tripled the volume of Collaboration sites within the company in 1 year by introducing key web part enhancements to improve the overall user experience.
- Attracted 15 new country business units in 2 years to rollout their local intranets within the corporate portal environment utilizing the corporate branding while maintaining their local identity through customized site definitions.
- Created self-help user and administration collaboration sites for the team site administrator and content manager global communities.
Additional technologies utilized: Active Directory, McAfee PortalShield, SQL Server 2000.
Mar 2001 - Dec 2003
Purdue - Budget Resource Model
A .NET web-based Modeling System developed and deployed to enhance the clients' budgeting and resource planning in clinical trials. The new BRM System incorporated the functionality of the legacy clinical planning model, in addition to offering superior functionality, privileged user-access and administration.
- Built and maintained .NET business, data and web components using C#, based on design specifications, interface wire-frames and customer change requests.
- Managed full regression testing plans and executions.
- Worked with technical and project management to facilitate problem solving and issue resolution.
- Managed deployment and code migrations to test and production environments.
- Assisted in designing portions of the application.
- Mentored new and junior engineers.
Technical skills utilized:
- Languages: C#, ASP.NET, PL/SQL, XML, ADO.NET, VBScript, ODBC
Pfizer - InHouse Content Management System
An internally developed product allowing business and communications professionals to create and publish web pages seamlessly, on virtually any publication schedule, without prior technical knowledge or training. InHouse was initially conceived as a custom development project for Pfizer Corporate Affairs' intranet site. By Q2 of 2000, InHouse was deployed within 10 different departments across Pfizer.
- Responsible for implementing server-side and client-side functionality for the application.
- Advised Architect of technical issues, provide recommendations and assisted in determining/designing solutions.
- Mentored and assisted junior developers.
Jun 2000 - Feb 2001
- Participated in the design, development and implementation of a wireless application using .NET and .NET Mobile Forms
- Member in the Development Team for a client Internet portal. This site featured daily news & web content, email & calendar services, and an extensive member-based querying tool.
1997 - 2000
Lead Software Engineer
- Responsible for development, debugging and testing of an in-house call control & routing software. The multi-threaded application handled messaging with a Rockwell Galaxy switch via X.25 protocol. The call controller release had enabled the centers to increase their daily call volume by at least 20%.
- Developed multi-threaded, middleware in a three-tiered system designed to upload call detail records and agent statistic files. The NT based system receives via TCP/IP an NETBIOS protocols while transmitting files redundantly to Enterprise network drives using VINES protocol.
- Designed, developed and implemented a customer service GUI as a front-end to an ORACLE data source using Visual C++, MFC, and ODBC.