Highly motivated professional experienced in progressive politics and public policy. Strong background in youth outreach, social media, logistics, communications, event planning, public speaking, advocacy, and grassroots organizing. Experience on Capitol Hill and with campaigns, nonprofits, and advocacy organizations.
Jan 2010 - Present
- Design and implement Social Media outreach initiatives including updating Twitter/Facebook accounts.
- Maintain website and design membership materials; increase overall internet visibility.
- Manage newsletter production including drafting layout and vetting proposed content.
- Build Resources page of website by drafting information sheets and posting news about women's career development.
- Develop long-term media strategy to maximize online interaction with current and potential members.
- Draft weekly emails promoting upcoming events and spotlighting available resources for hill staffers.
- Manage membership files, recruitment engagement, correspondence, and communication.
Jan 2009 - Present
- Craft constituent correspondence and aid in development of legislative initiatives for foreign affairs, international poverty reduction, global health, international aid and diplomacy, defense, homeland security, veterans, and military issues. (January 2010 - Present).
- Meet with constituents and advocacy groups regarding international aid, women's rights, and foreign policy, and international affairs.
- Draft constituent correspondent addressing small businesses, finance, economics, taxes, labor, and housing. (April 2009 - December 2009)
- Serve as Joint Economic Committee (JEC) liaison and assist with drafting opening statements and witness questions for committee hearings.
- Provide direct policy support to Legislative Assistants in writing weekly legislative update memos, preparing briefing materials for committee hearings, developing new legislative policy initiatives, and researching cosponsorship opportunities.
Apr 2008 - Dec 2008
- Received and processed hundreds of incoming meeting and event requests on a weekly basis.
- Facilitated discussions with Deputy Chief of Staff and Legislative Director regarding scheduling priorities.
- Providing assistance and support to Communications Department in organizing logistics for press events and tracking news coverage.
- Assigned and organized staff meetings with interest groups and constituents.
- Communicated with off-site contacts to coordinate logistics for meetings and functions.
Mar 2007 - Mar 2008
- Managed logistics for public policy seminars for Corporate Executives and Executive MBA students.
- Organized venues, meals, accommodations, transportation, audio-visual equipment, and participant materials.
- Processed bills and assisted Associate Directors with budget management.
- Wrote significant portions of Staff Training Manual on Policies and Procedures. Compiled all sections of manual and edited entire 115 page document in preparation for submission to Board of Directors.
- Salary increased 3% after 4 months' employment, 14% after 10 months' employment.
Aug 2006 - Nov 2006
Campaign Corps Fellow
- Organized twelve student groups to campaign in support of progressive agenda and issues including education, health care, immigration, and civil rights.
- Wrote press releases, developed targeted outreach initiatives, designed educational campaigns, managed budget, hired and supervised 5 staff members.
- On Election Day, served as Director of Action Center, managing and coordinating over 80 volunteers.
Bachelor of Arts
Sep 2009 - Present
Candidate for Master of Arts
Johns Hopkins University
Proficient in InterTrac and Intranet Quorum (IQ)