Aug 2014 - Present
Student Staff in Child Development Lab
Chico State University Child Development Lab, Chico CA
- Observed and helped assess children using the Desired Results Developmental Profile
- Used scaffolding to assist in children’s learning
- Implemented effective behavior management strategies in a preschool classroom
Aug 2010 - Dec 2012
- Preformed cleaning and organizational tasks of the Child Development Center
- Interactively involved with children’s activities, and supervision of children, of children aged 6 months to 5 years
Jan 2013 - Oct 2014
Little Folks Preschool, Chico, CA
- Planned and implemented age-appropriate curriculum on a regular basis
- Worked collaboratively with children, staff, and parents daily
- Helped plan, and attend, family and classroom events
- Fostered children’s peer relationships through activities, conversations, and ongoing support
- Planned age-appropriate games and activities daily for children aged 1st-6th grade
Alyssa and Ryan Manes, Durham, CA
- Supported family by assisting in caretaking of 5 year old, 2 year old with special needs, and 3 week old
- Engaged in traveling activities, and daily routines, with all three children
At-Risk Children's Worker
- Conducted small group discussions with at-risk children Taught 150 4th graders in a day camp program
2004 - 2010
Calvary Chapel Chico, Chico, CA
- Assisted in child care for children ages 1- 14 years old Teacher in the preschool classroom.
I love children, traveling, and being outside. I just graduated with my BA in Child Development and genuinely enjoy working with children on a daily basis.
A few values I practice in professional settings.
My reflection on if grades really do reflect knowledge.
Reflections on how I have managed challenging behavior in the past.
A simple explanation of how to talk with parents who believe in spanking.
A reflection on the importance of objective and valid screening.
A demonstration of my knowledge of family sensitivity and appropriate child development practices.