Project Engineer - Cross Application (Asia Pacific excl. China)
GEA Process Engineering India Pvt. Ltd., Vadodara
Project Administration :
- Review client's PO and specifications for conformance to GEA's scope of supply and proposal.
- Prepare project scope of supply, budget and schedule.
- Review job cost reports, prepare quarterly project summary reports, approve sub vendor invoices, and prepare client invoices.
- Coordinate with project support disciplines (Process, Purchasing, Design, I&C etc.)
- Attend technical meetings and seminars.
- Provide technical support to troubleshoot problems with new and existing plants.
Project Engineering :
- Prepare PFD and P&ID based on calculations from Process Engineering for APC Dairy, APC Food plants.
- Responsible for equipment layout on general arrangement drawings.
- Prepare detailed technical specifications and equipment compliances.
- Issue purchase requisitions and evaluate bids and offers from vendors.
- Participate in vendor selection with Purchase based on technical competence, quoted price and delivery terms and conditions.
- Review vendor submissions for compliance with specification and define scope of supply.
- Review all drawing submissions to client and/or vendor.
- Coordinate inspection and field erection of GEA equipment.
- Supervise mechanical checkout of equipment and coordinate overall start up activities including process commissioning and I&C support.
Process Engineering :
- Prepare system estimates and customer proposal documents.
- Calculate heat and mass balances; prepare electrical load list.
- Heat transfer and flow, velocity calculations.
- Development of Process Flow Diagrams and Process and Instrumentation Diagrams.
- Work with designers and engineers in the development of General Arrangement and Elevation layouts.
- Develop equipment specifications and documentation that meets customer's design requirements.
- Perform interdisciplinary coordination checks to minimize deficiencies and errors in drawings and specifications.
- Develop relationships and solicit input into process design from key technical resources, plant managers, supervisors to facilitate seamless implementation into operation.