Pursue Business Development opportunities in leading edge technologies such as Alternate Energy, Solar Technology, Nanotechnology, Laser and LED equipment, Printed Electronics or Homeland Security.
- Manages large, multimillion dollar budgets
- Excels at managing sales teams
- Significantlycontributed to growth of companies
- Economic and business development experience with high technical competence
- Budget forecasting/sales forecasting experience
- Superb networking and teambuilding skills
Jan 2002 - Jan 2008
Director of Sales, Global Account Executive
- Selected from a competitive group of candidates to lead the Global Account business development activities for a major telecommunications company headquartered in the U.S. with locations in U.S., Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
- Thoroughly research target prospect locations to effectively engage on new and existing opportunities from new product introduction to life cycle and obsolescence management to site acquisitions.
- Actively direct account managers to consistently meet team quota objective on a $45 million quarterly budget, through execution of account strategy that prioritizes opportunity expansion, new business development, and profit margin growth.
- Prepare timely sales forecasts and account status reports to provide management team with critical information needed to manage resources necessary to support operations and other resources.
- Gained foothold in penetrating Lucent Technologies by continuously positioning top executive from both corporations to meet on a regular basis and leverage their positions.
Mar 1991 - Dec 2001
VP Technical Sales
- Collaborated with technical and operations staff to develop overall product and technology roadmaps as well as market/customer specific plans.
- Drove product line sales and marketing strategy into the region and participates in the New Product Introduction process.
- Maintained market information for total and serviceable market strategies, competition, innovations and new technologies.
- Applied technical competence, creating value and differentiation, in a competitive marketplace to penetrate high technology accounts and generating revenue growth from $5M to $55M.
- Developed and presented product marketing presentations, on-site customer seminars for business development engineers.
- Maintained High Technology company image by organizing seminar and inviting prospective customers to attend presentations geared to interconnect including Optical and high speed performance in areas of layout, material and components choices. Instrumental in Fiber-Optics positioning at Sanmina-SCI.
- Participated in Value Add/Value Engineering workshops designed to win customers through technologies and techniques that lead to better designs and achieve competitive price point objectives.
- Won business with Sun Microsystems, Silicon Graphics, 3 Com, Lucent, KLA, HP, Siemens/Rolm and Cisco Systems by satisfying technical requirements that maintaining their leading edge positions in their respective markets.
Oct 1986 - Feb 1991
Principal Applications Engineer
- Developed solutions and modeling programs that calculate PCB interconnect parameters of importance to interconnect designers and applied to it to win business.
- Used TDR measurement techniques to analyze and confirm design results on high later count Printed Circuit Boards operating in high speed environments confirming design and process proficiency.
- Developed high competency in interconnect technology, presented in numerous seminars, participated in joint papers and magazine articles.
May 1981 - Oct 1985
Regional Sales Manager
MANTECH Computers, Abdullah Fouad
- Established new sales channels and brand recognition for leading computer manufacturers, Sinclair, Commodore, and SORD Computers of Japan.
- Established direct sales outlets for retail sales in high traffic area staffed with sales and technical teams to support customer requirements.
- Participated in regional exhibitions and promotions allowing new product introduction and insuring positioning products in a very competitive landscape.
- Traveled extensively to Japan and the United Kingdom for systems training
Nov 1979 - Apr 1981
TDC Transformer Development Company
- Designed Epoxy Cast, High Tension single and triple phase transformers with varied KVA ratings.
- Designed high voltage pulse test system to simulate lightning strike and insure product integrity
Sep 2004 - Jan 2005
U. Mass. Lowell, Formerly Lowell University
The course provided fundamental knowledge of nanotechnology and was beneficial to prepare me for the increased demand for trained professionals in nanoscience and technology. It provided the fundamentals of nanotechnology and nanomanufacturing preparation.
Sep 1995 - May 1997
Advanced Management Studies
Main courses in the Masters Level Program
- Sales Management
- Marketing High Technology Products
- Global Marketing
- Managing Growth Organizations