Efficient, perseverant, and reliable professional with experience in weatherization and a strong foundation in renewable energy technologies and energy efficiency. Two years of experience in procurement and bilingual communications, 4+ years of experience in education, outreach, and planning, and 3+ years of experience in the customer service industry. Proficient in major energy-related software applications, office suites, and desktop publishing. Offering a unique skill set blending passion for environmental stewardship and creativity and problem solving.
To become a commercial or residential energy auditor utilizing my interpersonal skills and passion for environmental stewardship to expand public awareness of energy efficiency, safety and comfort at home and work.
Reading, photography, music, Chinese language and culture, bicycling, and hiking
- Member, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- Cape Fear Community College Academic Achievement Award in Sustainability Technologies, April 2012
- President’s List, Spring & Summer 2011 (GPA 4.0/4); Dean’s List, Fall 2011 (GPA 3.94/4) and Spring 2012 (GPA 3.79/4)
Jan 2011 - May 2012
Associate in Applied Science
Cape Fear Community College
Aug 1996 - May 2000
Bachelor of Music
Aug 2011 - Jan 2012
Work Study - Offshore Wind Training Center Researcher
- Researched feasibility of future establishment of an Offshore Wind Training Center at Cape Fear Community College
- Liaised with local community activists and communicated with industry experts
- Attended industry-specific seminars
Feb 2011 - May 2011
- Installed batt and blow-in insulation, radiant barriers & ground moisture barriers
- Performed air-sealing, duct cleaning & repair, and other energy efficiency measures
- Trained on how to perform residential energy audits under company owner's tutelage
Aug 2008 - Jul 2010
Secondary ESL Teacher
- Planned and implemented dynamic lesson plans for eighth grade learners of English at a locally renowned international school
- Assisted in ESL curriculum development
- Organized and participated in extra curriculum workshops
- Designed and sourced academic planner to be used by secondary students the following academic year
Aug 2007 - Jul 2008
Primary ELC Teacher
- Prepared and actualized dynamic, fun-filled lesson plans for classes of 15 students.
- Assisted beginning-level English speakers to expedite their inclusion in mainstream classes.
Jul 2004 - Aug 2006
- Acted as liaison between German parent company and production facility in China.
- Translated communications from German/American management to Chinese management.
- Assisted in sourcing and merchandising, both on-site and at trade fairs throughout China.
- Supported new product development and sent final prototypes to the U.S. and Germany.
- Performed quality control related tasks. Assisted the German CEO in the development of a formal, intranet-based QC system at the facility in China.