I am submitting my application for the position of Technology Coordinator and Database Administrator. I consider myself an ideal candidate for this position with my extensive experience and background as a technical web support manager and would be thrilled to offer my skills and abilities to Covington Latin School, due to Covington’s impressive commitment to a classical, scholarly life, to its robust spiritual life on campus. I would consider it an honor to participate in the furtherance of the mission of Covington.
May 2013 - Present
Web Support Manager
I currently work as the technical Web Support Manager of a website technology and internet marketing company, where I direct customer engagement and work to support all customer technology needs. Specifically, I engage customers on a daily basis in troubleshooting and training them in website, email, Software as a Service (SaaS) technology, and domain/DNS systems.
Internally, I support and manage important technology applications, tools and systems. I operate and manage multiple website databases, and am a consultant for my company on the implementation of most current and future web technology. Additionally, as manager of my department, I train, oversee and direct the web support department in all daily tasks and am responsible for encouraging high performance, job competence, and above-and-beyond customer experience.
I am directly responsible to my company’s CEO as department manager, and facilitate smooth interdepartmental communication. I am also highly competent in the utilization of the enterprise software Salesforce CRM, and regularly lead my department in Salesforce report-building and customer management, as well as train company employees on the proper utilization of Salesforce.
Feb 2011 - Apr 2013
Web Support Technician
Sequoia Technologies IMS
I worked for the web support department to provide technical support for customer base of approximately 700 customers. Supported customers on all web technology issues with a phone and email presence. I provided training, troubleshooting and assistance and assisted my team in developing training resources for our customers. I managed website databases, contributed to development and implementation of proprietary technology coordinated with all other company departments to meet company goals.
- Support and engage customer base on web technology; website management, email, Software as a Service (SaaS) technology, internet marketing campaigns, mobile and desktop troubleshooting, and DNS/domain management
- Representative at help desk; handled high-paced phone and email queue and responsible for prompt communication with customers as we opened and closed support cases
- Conducted in-depth training sessions for customers to familiarize them with their website content management, and developed training resources including documents, videos and micro-sites for training purposes
- Management of several website databases; managed Apache and Plesk servers, alias creation and DNS setup, and directories
- Assisted in development of several proprietary technology applications, including a brand consistency asset called SiteLink; assisted in client-side support of SiteLink, including training and assistance on utilization of SiteLink, FTP uploading and developed training resources
- Utilized Salesforce CRM day to day for report building, customer interaction management, and tracking of KPI’s and company progress
Jun 2005 - Aug 2010
Front Desk Supervisor
- Responsible for all front desk hotel duties and customer service; making reservations, checking in/out guests, taking phone calls, responding to customer complaints and concerns, offering suggestions for travel, any other customer service needs
- Working personally with general manager, assisting in administrative tasks, including: advertisement projects, dealing with customer inquiries directed at general manager, co-training, scheduling, mediating phone calls
- Responsible for training and oversight of new employees, including formal training sessions
- Developing brochures and literature for advertisement, assisted in updating and creating new website pages and information
- Sales position, including: cold-call advertisement of hotel rates and availability, negotiation and finalization of contracts, negotiation of room rates/services with guests and businesses in person and over the phone; frequently called upon to provide advertisement tours to potential guests
- Performed night audit functions from time to time, utilized basic knowledge about night audit data entry and night shift supervision
Sep 2008 - May 2010
Library Student Supervisor & Technology Assistant
The Masters College Library
As night supervisor and technology assistant of the college library, I managed all front desk and patron service duties, student employees and handled any patron needs. I worked to support all technical needs of patrons and managed internal and external tools, applications and systems for efficient functioning of library. I configured and assisted patrons with copy and print machines, desktop computers, database navigation and audio/video technology.
- Responsible for oversight and close supervision of other student employees; ensuring that tasks and responsibilities of fellow employees are being carried out efficiently and faithfully; training and oversight of new student employees – included formal training sessions and Q & A sessions, informal, on-the-job assistance and direction, fielding of questions/concerns
- Technology assistant for library staff, students and patrons; assisted troubleshooting, configuration and maintenance of library technology; copiers, printers, microfilm machines, desktop support (Windows and Mac OS), library database and catalog system, and audio/visual equipment
- Fielding questions and concerns from patrons and residents over the phone, email and in person; suggesting literature relevant to personal study and academics, direction for further research, assistance in navigating library databases, periodicals and video-audio media services.
- Assistant to General Manager/Head Librarian with any administrative duties and/or projects