Business Development & Marketing Manager
GB-DATA NI Ltd
GB-Data NI Ltd, a data installations and electrical contractors who
specialise in Structured Cabling, Telephone Systems, Network Switches, Wireless and IP Integration services along with complete rewires of commercial and industrial projects, From tender stages through to testing and commissioning. Responsibilities & Projects are outlined below:
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased
- Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with managing director to
develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and
working through differences to a positive conclusion, using a
variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and
conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and
- Present to and consult with senior level management on business
trends with a view to developing new services, products, and
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution
channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and
develop the company’s unique selling propositions and
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the
company’s CRM system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to
meet these targets.
- Ensure that prerequisites are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business
developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s
people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so to continually
enhance the company’s performance.