- Overall 21 years’ experience of Purchase & Procurement/Supply Chain/Inventory Management and Contracting of various categories of Stores (Engineering/ Electronic/Aviation & General) & Spares in the Pakistan Navy as Head of Logistics Department.
- Handled a Budget of Rs. 400 Million besides $ 1 Million under various code heads as per the Govt. regulations onboard various Naval Platforms.
- Headed Logistics Department of “Submarine Construction Project” of AGOSTA Class Submarines being built in Pakistan, saving Pakistan Navy US $ 1 M over a period of 1 ½; years by providing competitive advantage in the areas of material supplies.
- Headed Logistics department processing and vetting all Contracts of “Purchase and Repair” of heavy Machinery valuing over Rs. 170 Million for the entire PN Dockyard over two years.
- Teaching, mentoring, research experience at top local universities.
- Member - Supply Chain Association of Pakistan.
- Member - The chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (UK)
- Member - The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport - International.
- Member - Supply Chain Management Group.
- Member - Supply Chain Association of Pakistan.
- Member - The Logistics & Supply Chain Networking Group
- Basic Logistics Course for Logistics Officers at Logistics & Mangement School PNS Karsaz.
- Supply Chain Management Workshop at PN Tactical School Consisting of Inventory Control, Logistic Management, EDI, JIT & MRP.
- Junior Officers Staff Duties Course from Pakistan Navy Staff College, Karachi.
- Human Resource Management Course from Pakistan Navy Human Resource Development Centre, Karachi.
- Communications Skills Course from Pakistan Navy Human Resource Development Center Karachi.
- Basic Course on Computer Based Inventory Management on IBM System AS/400. From Air Stores Depot of Pakistan Navy.
- Basic Course on Unit Security held at PN Intelligence School Karachi.
- Analysis of Financial Ratios at Pakistan Institution of Management Sciences Lahore.
1990 - 2011
Head of Logistic Department
- Directed a 90-person staff providing Complete Logistic support (Procurement & delievery) to upto 47 geographically dispersed sub units spread over an area of 10,000 SQ. KM having over 3000 employees.
- Handled a budget of Rs. 400 M beside $ 1 M under various code heads.
- Won the prize of Departmental efficiency for the ship by the FOST (Flag Officer Sea Training) inspection team.
Aug 2005 - Jan 2008
Head of Material & Budget Dept - PN Dockyard
- Supervised 25 employees in a Mega complex of Ship Repair and Rebuild providing Logistic aid (Procurement & supply) and financial advice to 12 General Managers.
- Monitored/allocated an annual budget of appx. Rs. 175 M per annum to various departments/workshops of Dockyard housing appx. 5000 workers.
- Got ISO certification for the department.
- Prepared the system procedure for the department and helped in transferring and linking the system on intranet for interface with various workshops of Dockyard.
Feb 2000 - Dec 2001
Construction Project Of AGOSTA 90 B Submarines
- Headed Logistics department responsible for Contracting, Procurement, Storage and in-time delivery at the door-step for the kit of materials comprising of 31,000 line items worth $ 550 M with a daily turnover of more than 300 items for submarine construction related activities besides contract purchases from abroad/local market of equipment/tools worth Rs. 75 M.
- Saved Pakistan Navy project delay cost of appx. US $ 1 M over a period of 1 ½; years by providing competitive advantage in the areas of material supplies.
- Constructed & maintained new warehouses and cold storages for preservation of various chemicals and bulk stores of heavy nature received from DCN France.
- Created and maintained mutually beneficial long term partnership with a reliable supplier chain to meet current and future material/industrial tools requirement for in-time completion of the project.
- Devised methodology to meet day-to-day requirements/petty purchases for the specialties not covered under the conventional rules and regulations with the consent of the top management to avoid bottle necks & speeding up project pace.
- Awarded Certificate of Outstanding Performance in recognition of the efforts put in for in-time completion of the Submarine Construction Project.
Nov 1998 - Feb 2000
GM at Aviation Stores Depot
- Headed Procurement Division of Air Stores Depot responsible for procurement, storage and issuance of aviation stores of around 150,000 line items valuing appx. Rs.2.0 B, including spares of Fixed Wing Aircraft, Helicopter and Ground Handling Equipment from USA, France, UK and other countries.
- Played a key role in establishing alternate procurement system of Aviation Stores during US sanctions on procurement of all military hardware.
- Saved inventory carrying cost of Rs. 10 M and improved reconciliation by 6 %.
- Successfully completed Basic Course on Computerized Inventory Management on IBM System AS/400.
- Awarded Certificate of Outstanding Performance on meritorious services rendered towards improvement of the system.