- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greet Visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Supervise other clerical staff and provide training and orientation to new staff.
- Train and assist staff with computer usage.
- Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Monitor sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods.
- Instruct staff on how to handle difficult and complicated sales.
- Examine merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed and that it functions as advertised.
- Perform work activities of subordinates, such as cleaning and organizing shelves and displays and selling merchandise.
- Plan and coordinate advertising campaigns and sales promotions, and prepare merchandise displays and advertising copy.