Master of Science: Applied Biotechnology and Agriculture Engineering
2011 - 2018
Agricultural University of Athens, Department of Biotechnology
High School Diploma
English Language Degree, Cambridge Proficiency. French Language Degree, B1.
Nov 2015 - Present
Amber Restaurant at the Scotch Whisky Experience
Intern at MRC Human Genetics Unit
Aug 2015 - Sep 2015
Western General Hospital Jul 2014 - Sep 2014 AND
During my placement I was responsible for a number of tasks that required strong organisational skills, as well as working well under pressure. Since I wanted to make the most out of my limited time there, I developed time management skills and efficient multitasking. More importantly, learning fast complex laboratory techniques that demanded accuracy was an essential part of my placement. The experiments I saw through were conducted with precision, since they involved sensitive and/or dangerous materials, while fulfilling all the Heath & Safety regulations. Finally, I was more than happy to work in an environment with people of multiple different backgrounds and at times coordinate tasks, but always working as a team.
- Highly responsible, reliable and punctual
- Attention to detail
- Adaptive team player
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Emphasis on discipline and consistency
- Excellent Written and oral communication skills
- Erasmus Scholarship for Placement, 2014
- Erasmus+ Scholarship for Placement, 2015
- Publications: A subset of cellular lipids may provide a new dimension of epigenetic regulation through control over the structure and functions of chromatin. Renad Zhdanov, Eric C. Schirmer, Anuroop V. Venkatasubramani, Alastair R. W. Kerr, Elena Mandrou, Milyausha Ibragimova, Giovanny Rodriguez-Blanco, and Alexander Kagansky. ScienceOpen Research
Norwegian (Beginner), Piano, Microsoft Office.