- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Dispose of damaged or defective items, or return them to vendors.
- Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred merchandise.
- Requisition merchandise from supplier based on available space, merchandise on hand, customer demand, or advertised specials.
- Receive, open, unpack and issue sales floor merchandise.
- Clean display cases, shelves, and aisles.
- Design and set up advertising signs and displays of merchandise on shelves, counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales.