To find a dynamic position of administrative capacity in an organization that allows me to use my membership engagement talents to fulfill the needs of members and clients while beginning a career with potential for long-term growth.
Jul 2013 - Present
(NGA) National Governors Ass'n - ReceptionEndocrine Society - Reception(NGA) National Governors Ass'n - ReceptionITT EXELIS, INC. - ReceptionThe Segal Company - Administration(NAR) National Association of Realtors - Logistics(FAIR) Federation for American Immigration Reform - Reception(OSA) Optical Society of America – Events Dept.(NGA) National Governors Ass'n – Events Dept.
Nov 2012 - Jun 2013
- Give customer service to company/association constituents and members at events.
- Answer/direct calls, greet guests and manage organization’s front desk operations.
- Create PowerPoint presentations for company/association events.
- Work with company/association surveys, analysis and interpretation of data.
- Produce member/customer service correspondence utilizing Word and Outlook.
- Maintain Excel spreadsheets.
Beacon Association Assignments:
The Society for Neuroscience - Receptionist
Paint Care - Customer Service Representative
FINCA International - Receptionist
Analysis Group, Inc. - Receptionist
National Association of Realtors -Conference Assistant
Center for Business Intelligence - Event Assistant
Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges - See below
Feb 2013 - Mar 2013
Administrative Coordinator (Through Beacon)
- Operated PR booth and assisted with meetings at the annual AAVMC convention.
- Maintained association website (updates and design), using content management system (CMS), performed general SEO, research & innovative improvements for the association.
- Audited publication proofs for VMSAR copy edits/changes for member institutions.
- Managed collection and audit of veterinary school data for VMCAS student online tools.
- Researched, analyzed and interpreted VMCAS admissions data.
- Audited school information pages online.
2011 - 2012
- Facilitated office tasks including phones, filing, light accounting and data entry.
- Prepared for and assisted with funeral events.
- Gave customer service during grieving process.
- Supervised the daily workflow of the cleaning/maintenance staff.
- Assisted with retrieval and embalming.
2011 - 2011
Customer Service Representative
- Facilitated account and service changes.
- Resolved service inquiries from customers and AT&T store members.
- Implemented tech and website troubleshooting.
- Aided customers with new orders/sales in a high volume, call center environment.
2006 - 2011
Full Time Student
Maintained cumulative 3.5 GPA
2004 - 2006
- Negotiated contracts and vendor procurement.
- Implemented 7 real estate transactions, including 3 purchases with remodels in a foreign country on behalf of Mr. Davis.
- Managed the houseman, private nurse and contracted workers.
- Met with lawyers, bankers and contractors using financial and medical POA (Power Of Attorney).
- Reconciled accounts payable.
- Assisted stage 4 cancer patient with all personal needs including to serve as executor of Mr. Davis's will upon death.
1996 - 2004
- Arranged travel and accommodations for staff.
- Maintained office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing/maintaining filing systems; customer service; reviewing and approving supply requisitions.
- Designed and implemented strategic communications and media relations.
- Liaised with lawyers to enact corporate documents.
1995 - 1996
- Managed the daily workflow of the housekeeping department of 51 to include appropriate cleaning of all guest rooms, offices, concourses, seating areas, washrooms, restaurant, and public spaces.
- Conducted pre-event inspections of rooms, concourses, seating and public areas of the five star, 500 room hotel.
- Scheduled and trained all new housekeeping staff members.
- Purchased, re-ordered and maintained the housekeeping/laundry supplies and inventory.
- Maintained knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within housekeeping department.
- Determined and maintained the department work schedule to ensure proper preparation and staffing for each event.
- Ensured the proper maintenance of all equipment; made arrangements for repair and/or replacement of damaged equipment.