My objective is to apply my skills and experience in a Catholic volunteer setting. I would like to live in an intentional community where I can both offer and receive support living out my Catholic Faith. I feel that I have much that I can offer in terms of skills. Living and working with other volunteers will challenge me in ways that I cannot foresee, yet know will lead to greater spiritual growth.
Truck Driving / Coach Bus / Warehouse
Dec 2004 - Present
- Instructor in an afterschool English Academy in South Korea
- Teaches grammar, writing, speaking and standardized test prep
- Responsible for class preparation, creating and administering exams, and report cards
- Provides English education to students from kindergarten to adult
- Acts as MC to run activities, speaking contests and holiday parties
- Test prep classes for SAT, ACT and TOEFL
- Started a chess program that instructed children from 6 years old to adults aged 40
- Teaches 40 class periods a week covering 21 different classes
Jan 2002 - Oct 2003
Driver - Part-time
- Operated passenger buses for the University of New Hampshire.This included on-campus shuttle system and charter buses.Destinations included Boston, Rhode Island, Maine.Operated under CDL with Passenger Endorsement
Sep 2002 - Mar 2003
Driver - Seasonal
Operated 24 foot, refrigerated straight truck to deliver fresh shellfish to locations in ME and Boston.Responsible for payment at pick-up locations and for paycheck delivery to clam diggers.
Oct 2001 - Dec 2001
Long Haul Truck Driver
- Operated tractor- trailer OTR hauling 53’ van as part of team, then as solo driver.Mainly coast to coast on southern routes.Logged over 20,000 miles
Aug 2000 - Dec 2000
Roque Island Gardner Homestead Corp.
- Prepared two meals daily for staff and guests of Private Island.Designed menu, purchased food and supplies, maintained sanitation and inventory control.Responsible for vegetable and herb garden, coordinating the processing of farm-raised livestock and poultry, and the making of fresh butter.
Jul 1999 - Feb 2000
- Operated 24 foot straight truck to deliver fresh and frozen seafood to restaurants in ME, VT, NH,NY and MA.Included pick-ups at Boston warehouses
Nov 1997 - Oct 1998
University of New Hampshire
- Order picking, receiving and inventory control responsibilities in main warehouse for large university.Deliveries both on-campus and in NH seacoast region.Operated fork truck, vans and straight truck.
Jun 1994 - Jun 1997
Chef - Seasonal
Prepared three meals daily for 370 campers and staff at a ten week YMCA camp on Lake Winnipesauke.Responsible for food prep., grillwork, fryers, ovens, food storage and all phases of production, including baking. Also responsible for supervision and training of a kitchen staff of six.
Sep 1994 - Apr 1997
Supervised all phases of two separate kitchens employing 20 cooks.Responsible for day to day operation of kitchens; hiring, training and scheduling of staff; food ordering and inventory control, menu planning, and staff meetings for casual dining restaurant with $2.5 million in annual sales.
Apr 1984 - Jan 1991
E-5 Electronics Technician, Petty Officer 2nd Class
- Electronic Technician / Submarine Repairman
- Supervised repair work on nuclear submarine electronics
- Fitness Coordinator for 100-man Division
- Meritorious Unit Commendation
- Good Conduct Award
- National Defence Service Medal
Jan 2000 - Jan 2004
Jun 1999 - Jun 1999
National Truck Driving School
- Attended 3-week school to learn all phases of tractor-trailer operation, leading to Class A Comerical Driver's License.
Apr 1984 - Jan 1991
U. S. Navy Schools
- Enlisted Nuclear Power 6 months
- Electronics Technician “A” School 12 months
- Type-18 Periscope School 1 month
- AN/WRR 7 Sub/Radioman School 2 months