16 years in Management of Retail Operations, Product and Marketing in various market segments, developed in domestic and multinational companies such as:
C&A Stores, Ponto Frio (Globex S/A) and Siciliano S/A
Regional Operations Manager
Posted impressive sales performance and profitability through a business strategy that focused on redefining the product mix distribution according to clusters, reviewing operating models and developing the managerial staff.
2006 - 2008
Large domestic chain of bookstores with 63 outlets in 13 states (52 company-owned and 11 franchises) and R$ 157 million in annual revenues.
Reporting to the President-Director, headed the retail and franchise operations area and a team of approximately 800 people, as well as 7 Regional Managers, Operations Manager, Franchise Manager, Marketing Manager and Architects. Took over the Marketing Department and contracted a new ad agency; approved and developed campaigns, participated in events and made changes to the chain’s visual merchandising concept.
· Prepared and implemented national incentive campaigns for the sales teams that were based on the attainment of objectives defined in the annual budget.
· Standardized the chain’s store layout, establishing a competitive advantage in the market.
· Headed partial and total store reform projects, as well as preventive and corrective maintenance activities.
· Implemented various partnerships, including cyber cafés and indoor digital media.
· Negotiated lease costs, sale and move of various store outlets and shopping mall administrators.
· Negotiated the sale of company assets, working with real estate agencies, investors and attorneys.
· Redefined the product mix for chain stores and inventory volumes as well.
· Implemented the concept of clusters for better adapting stores to the profile of the local population, defining the competition policy and aggressive posture in terms of exposure and pricing.
· Implemented the concept of external corporate sales in companies and associations to the City of Rio de Janeiro, totaling R$ 1.5 million.
· Conducted various direct actions aimed at expanding the franchise program, as well as optimizing the already existing franchises.
1997 - 2005
·Joined the company through its Trainee Program, having obtained an overall view of the company and worked in the following areas: Financial, Logistics, Operations, Marketing and Products.
·Managed business units in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Vitória, Brasília, Recife and Salvador.
·Started up operations in various capital cities and main centers throughout the country.
·Prepared and implemented the centralized operation of offering the company’s private label card, having increased the customer base in São Paulo buy 50 thousand between October 2004 and February 2005.
·In the Retail Financial Services (Banco IBI) area, was responsible for increasing profits 144% in relation to the previous year, as well as increasing the volume of financial products.
·Vitória Regional Office – Conducted the process of increasing the company’s market share by 43% with the inauguration of the company’s third outlet, totaling sales of R$ 78 million/year and 800 direct employees. Posted the company’s best profit result in Latin America (2002/2003).
·Reduced salary expenses of units (2.3% of sales) by improving customer services as measured by the ‘Occult Client’ survey, which reported an 87% approval rate.
·As Trainer, participated in the development of trainees and new sales managers.
·Prepared various studies referent to the Market, Operations and Products for the VP of Marketing:
- “Impact of product transfers among units, pursuant to the freshness and turnover speed concepts”.
- “Profitability and product pricing” – Course for new managers.
- “Optimizing the planning of functions in order to increase service level.”
1995 - 1997
Apoio Clube de Compras - Grupo Sindi
Food and Beverage Products Manager
1993 - 1995
Casa Centro - Cukier e Cia Ltda
Computer and Mobile Phone Products Manager
2005 - 2005
University of California Irvine
MBA Extension - University of California, Irvine, CA - UCI (2005)
2002 - 2004
MBA in Business Management
Fundação Getúlio Vargas
MBA in Business Management
1988 - 1992
Advertising & Marketing
Faculdade Alcantara Machado
Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising & Marketing