Human Factors Engineer Associate
General Dynamics IT
Public Trust Clearance
- UX Responsibilities
- Analyzes information architecture - Builds sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, and/or documentation that articulate site and application structure and organization.
- Captures web-based system requirements including brand message, user experience, user interface, and operational/usability requirements translate into prototypes and wireframes
- Coordinate with other content managers and web site designers for developing standard operating procedures
- Accessibility Responsibilities
- Remediate websites for compliance for 508 standards and accessibility.
- Increased 508 compliance by 35% to a total of 94% compliant on multiple sites.
- Responsible for training developers on best practices for A11y
- Accessibility testing experience for visual impairment, hearing impairment, and motor skills impairment
- Responsible for validating websites for WCAG 2.0 level AA compliance
- Responsible for training developers on the use of assistive tools for accessibility testing (Siteimprove, Lighthouse)
- Developer Responsibilities
- Utilize with modern frameworks to develop responsive, mobile first projects on the web
- Translate user stories into usable interfaces