Hotwire Communications LLC
Mediaroom IPTV Engineer
- Reporting directly on a daily basis to the VP of Engineering, as well as to the Senior Director of Software/Big Data Platforms and the IPTV Manager.
- Management and administration of a 24x7 high-availability production environment built upon Mediakind/Ericsson’s Mediaroom 3.0 IPTV infrastructure with 211 physical servers, 79 virtual servers across 16 VM hosts supporting over 91k customers and 218k devices in service.
- Patch installation, KB's, QFE's and software upgrades to Windows Server clusters.
- Issue resolution, server health checks, troubleshooting video services using server, network, IIS and client trace log analysis. Server monitoring with SCOM and SCVMM.
- Acquisition Server management: Configuration, deployment and management of Live TV Services, Service Collections, Packages, Offers, Channel Maps, Subscriber Groups, Grants, PPV, Time Shift and VOD services in accordance to the parameters established and agreed upon by the Engineering, Content Acquisition, Marketing and Legal Counsel teams.
- Video services certification at multiple Headends across Eastern United States.
- Set-top box stress-tests and bug reports for Mediaroom client 2.x/3.x on both GPON and Switch architectures.
- HPE server hardware upgrades in coordination with integration engineers.
- RAID configuration on HPE Smart Arrays.
- Development and execution of User Acceptance Tests approved by business users and major decision makers at VP-level and above.
- Development and implementation of Methods of Procedure agreed upon and employed during scheduled maintenance windows by multiple teams across the organization.
- Development and translation of Equipment Installation and End-User Guides applied on a daily basis by Account Management, Marketing and Technical team members.
- Hospitality PMS integration management and support for 15 hotels in the South Florida area.
- Commercial account support and services management for an increasingly growing number of designated market areas across South Eastern United States.
- Technical training for IPTV team members and others across the organization.
- Inbound 24x7 on-call technical support with IPTV, NOC and Video Acquisition teams.
- U.S. East Coast Market Expansion
- Racking, cabling, configuration and deployment of additional Time Shift (Replay TV), Distribution and Acquisition servers increasing maximum unicast/multicast capacity from 505 to 1,000+ live TV channels per market across the country. Instant Channel Change redundancy by configuring and deploying services to multiple Distribution server clusters. Installation and configuration of additional storage space on existing SAN modules, effectively doubling Video On Demand asset storage capacity by 15TB and leading to a significant increase in VOD purchases revenues for the organization.