Mediaroom IPTV Engineer
Hotwire Communications LLC
- Management and administration of a 24x7 high-availability production environment based on Ericsson’s Mediaroom 2.0 IPTV infrastructure with over 110 physical servers and 56 virtual servers across 16 hosts supporting over 51k subscribers and 96k devices in service.
- Patch installation, KB's, QFE's and software upgrades on Windows Server 2008.
- Issue resolution, server health checks, troubleshooting video services with server, network and client trace log analysis. Monitoring using SCOM and management of Hyper-V servers using SCVMM.
- Acquisition Server management. Configuration, deployment and management of Live TV Services, Service Collections, Packages, Offers, Channel Maps, Subscriber Groups, Grants, PPV, Time Shift and VOD services.
- Video services certification at headends across the United States.
- Set-top box stress-tests and bug reports for Mediaroom client 2.x.
- HPE server hardware upgrades in coordination with integration engineers.
- RAID configuration with HPE Smart Array Administrator.
- Development and execution of User Acceptance Tests.
- Development and implementation of Methods of Procedure during maintenance windows.
- Development and translation of Equipment Installation and End-User Guides.
- U.S. East Coast Market Expansion
- Racking, cabling, setup and deployment of additional Time Shift, Distribution and Acquisition servers increasing maximum live TV channel capacity from 505 to 1,000 and Instant Channel Change redundancy by deploying services to multiple DServer clusters. Installation and setup of additional HDDs to SAN modules increasing VOD asset storage capacity by 15TB.