Job overview (ITILv3 based):
To provide 2nd Level support at the Main office and satellite/3rd party distribution and tracking centers in Macau and across Hong Kong.
Project based leadership role
To lead the Windows 10 upgrade process for all company related workstations with a team of 6 people with minimizing disruption to work.
- Creating workflow charts to visualize the process needed to proceed with the task.
- Workflow includes anticipated problems (based on other regional sites experiences and optimize procedures and troubleshooting tips to maximize success rate.
- Provided a checklist of things to ensure related software and or hardware is running smoothly
- Send out e-mail communication to notify of the upgrade and scheduling individual users for the upgrade
- Weekly tracking reports are sent to EUC lead to notify percentage rate
Project based co-ordinator role (Server/Firewall/Access Point replacement)
- To provide vendor and engineer the related accessories (Network cables, power cables, etc).
- To test and monitor internal/external networks following company guidelines and checklists to ensure replacement is functioning
- Finalizing reports to related network divisions for verification
Project based co-ordinator role (Wireless display system)
- Provide a list of equipment and cabling to test the wireless/remote display to projectors.
- Provide troubleshooting log for any problems encountered during the testing
- To create a report based on experience and or incompatibility issues with wireless display
Project based co-ordinator role (Internal phone/chat services)
- Microsoft Skype for Business (Lync) based
- Test notable features and co-ordinate with escalating team for any dialing/network/volume quality issues
- Provide training to users on utilizing the application
- To create reports based on user issues and or headset compatibility or synchronization issues
A 2-floor office area (including external distribution/sales office centers) is supported for troubleshooting equipment that includes: Laptops, desktops, phone, server, backup and barcode equipment.
As the company is multinational based, many users are relocated in and out every month. This requires a high degree of pressure and co-ordination to ensure all of the equipment is provided and setup immediately to transition the more effectively. Exit users are also managed with a checklist provided all the related equipment is returned and/or backup is saved prior to their leave.
Basic OS support is Windows 10; MacBook is used (for software compatibility). Network support is limited to tracking and patching for internal/external network usage, provide printer addresses, backup tapes, TCP/IP configuration and WAN connectivity. Laptops are domain based so Active Directory configuration/administration is required to provide access and inject software applications to the software management center.
Other support includes MS office applications to troubleshoot and configure to user preferences. Internal and 3rd party applications are supported for troubleshooting as well. Virtual machine support is extended for Citrix based applications providing user configuration and mapping drives.
Mobile devices are also part of the supported lineup from the company. This includes configuration MobileIron (to create company profiles) as well as Skype for Business and Polycom application to link with our domain network.
All incidents are reported/tracked/resolved through a database called Service Now (SNOW).
Other ad-hoc tasks include:
- Meeting and video conference support by logging each ticket per meeting request as well as the dial-in details for the call
- Daily tracking of backup tapes for any redundancy and replacements
- Monitor equipment health and co-ordinate replacement with the related vendor to ensure continuity. Each case is logged and tracked through SNOW.
- Troubleshooting in distribution centers that hold our/3rd party equipment.
Offsite meeting support:
Supporting offsite events happen occasionally and is required for support. Some occasions require special equipment from large printers to iPads. The equipment is co-ordinated with 3rd party vendors to ensure the equipment onsite works. Offsite events are usually senior management based, and minimal disruption is expected to provide a smooth and efficient service.