Billing & Revenue Cycle Specialist
Advance Practice Solutions
• Responsible for maximizing the collection of medical services payments and reimbursements from patients, insurance carriers, financial aid, and guarantors.
• Responsible for insurance eligibility processes, charge processing, claim submission and processing, payment processing, collections and accounts receivable management, denial management.
• Implementation of all business related functions of the patient from intake of the claim to accurate adjudication of the patients’ accounts.
• Specific areas of responsibility include Revenue Cycle Training, Credentialing Registration, Claims Management, Billing, Collections, Patient Insurance, Data Processing, Integrity of Patient Accounts, Accounts Receivable Management.
• Monitors aged accounts and verifies appropriate collections procedures are being followed.
• Resolves escalated reimbursement issues with Payors, Practice and systems for optimal management of accounts receivable.
• Steps forward to address difficult issues.
• Develops, implements, and maintains the Practice’s revenue cycle standard operating procedures(SOPs).
• Develop training materials and facilitate staff training of SOPs, systems, metrics, government regulations and etc.
• Responsible for the overall coordination of co-pay/co-insurance collection.
• Performs other duties as requested or assigned.