I started D.A.I.M. Consultants as one individual with a single manufacturer covering North Carolina and Virginia markets calling on the food trade. Through effective planning and negotiation the firm grew into a regional sales / marketing rep firm involved in the sale, marketing and service of all types of consumer good manufacturers. D.A.I.M. Consultants represented manufacturer goods consisting of products items such as grocery, snack foods, housewares, hardware, food service, confection, pet supplies, film / video, branded and private label health / beauty care products. The firm represented the sales and services of products to such outlets as grocery stores, home centers, drug stores, distributors, food service suppliers, pet stores, veterinarian offices, video rental stores, building supply stores, convenience stores (warehouse and DSD delivery), club stores, department stores, dollar stores, discount variety stores and party stores.
- Manage and develop agency growth.
- Mange the agencies overall business operations.
- Primary agency contact for all the accounts and manufacturers
- Responsible for P/L of the agency for on going operations and special projects
- Analyze regional specific sales and service Agencies. Interview and contract account specific representation as needed.
- Manage compliance of regional Manufacturer Rep agencies for assigned distribution, sales, retail coverage, contract compliance and goal achievement.
- Develop agency portfolio and present to interviewing manufacturers.
- Cold call on accounts and develop strategy to develop account rapport and sales.
- Develop relationships with manufacturers and accounts decision makers.
- Created company from a single account and manufacturer to a multi state account listing and successful representation of numerous manufacturers.
Pioneered new business for manufacturers and opened up new accounts within such markets as:
North Carolina * South Carolina * Georgia * Florida * West Virginia * Wisconsin * Michigan * Ohio
Arkansas * Illinois * Virginia * Tennessee
- Acquired representation contracts and developed new business for manufacturers such as:
Quickie Mop & Broom * Suburbanite Industries * Polaroild * J Narby Pet Supplies (Later Hartz Mountain) * Bonny Housewares * Acme Frame * Family Sweets * Optiray Sunglasses * Trophy Nut Co. * Carthage Cup * Handifoil * EzPor * National Tape Co. * Wilhold Hair Fashions * Jaru Toys * Vapor Products * Milor * Cosrich * Thompson & Formby Inc. * Cardinal Pet * Fast Industries * InterDesign * Tri Peek Inc.* Implus Corp. * Premier Brands of America * Ensar * San Francisco Soap * C A Reed * 3 M film * Leshner Mills * T J Marketing * Dep Hair Care * Rayovac Battery * DAHRT Racing
Developed new sales with key account such as:
Farm Fresh * Richfoods * Cliff Weil Distributors * Food Lion * Harris Teeter * MDI * Family Dollar * Roses Winn Dixie * Kroger * Roundy's Van Wert * Roundy's Wisconsin * Lowes Foods * Lowes hardware * Pic & Sav * True Value Chicago * Belks * BiLo * Piggly Wiggly Charleston * Piggly Wiggly Tennessee * Mass Merchandisers of Arkansas
Agency Key Awards
- "The Butler" Sales Achievement Award
- Quickie " Award of Excellence" New Business Development Award
- Bonny Housewares " New Business Development" Citation
- Family Sweets National "Major Account Achievement Award"
Overall Business Accomplishments
- Built the agencies gross annual sales volume to $5.5 Million.
- Negotiated the sale of the agency in 1999 to affiliated Manufacturer Rep agencies.
- Average yearly growth of 33% in annual gross sales volume along with acquiring new representation contracts.
- Negotiated multi year +/-$1Million exclusive distribution contracts for key manufacturers such as Quickie Mop & Broom, Bonny Housewares, Family Sweets branded and private label, Handifoil, Wilhold, Jaru. Length of contract and total volume were based on the analysis of the specific account volume capabilities.