Director of Operations / Business Partner
H & Y Masonry Concepts Construction, LLC
Business development responsibilities including, designing, estimating, contracting and project management for commercial masonry projects. During slow business trends I negotiated employment opportunities for H & Y personnel by managing projects for other masonry subcontractors such as Old North State, WordCo, Pompano and Metro.
Successful Project Portfolio:
University of N.C. Charlotte Student Union - Overall project cost of $14 Million. Turned the project around by developing a new project scope to emphasize per man production and quality control.
WalMart Super Center - Overall project cost of $3 Million. Completed the building project as the only subcontractor without any construction deficiencies.
Union County Elementary School 'L" - Overall project cost of $4.5 Million. Made daily production requirements by developing a strategic project plan that emphasized continuous work flow of the project.
Parkwood Knolls Condo Complex - Overall project cost of $4 Million. Saved over 20% in project estimated material cost by renegotiating and managing cost, deliveries and procurement.
The Enclave Condo Complex - Overall project cost of $6 Million. Developed a management scope that brought the P/L back into the black by controlling material cost, manpower and production.
- Project site management of schedules through MS Project.
- Personnel need analysis and employment
- Project budgeting and tracking
- Time study of work scopes with Time Pro software and cost projections
- Material bidding, procurement and delivery.
- Analyze project work scopes and define contract compliance.
- Overall design and management of all internal business activities