Pharmacy Technician - starting salary: $12/hr.
Drug Emporium Pharmacy - Denton, TX
- Properly fill and dispense an average of 300 prescriptions per day.
- Effectively resolved insurance rejections and other billing issues.
- Managed drug and supply inventories.
- Assisted other pharmacy staff with drug inventory, purchasing, and receiving.
- Regularly stocked shelves, rotated stock, and checked for expired medications.
- Performed technical processes required to dispense medications to patients.
- Inspected drug storage sites, monitored drug supply expiration dates and ensured proper supply levels.
- Completed new and updated patient profiles, including lists of patient medications.
- Receptively answered customer questions and helped locate desired items in the pharmacy.
- Reconstituted oral liquids.
- Efficiently operated cash register and handled cash, checks, and charge transactions.
- Displayed patient-oriented and comprehensive clinical pharmacy services and pharmaceutical care.
- Checked prescriptions for appropriate dosage, drug interactions, allergies and contra-indications before dispensing medications.
- Complied with all federal laws, company policies and procedures and state regulations regarding intern, technician and assistant training and license.
- Communicated regularly with physicians, nurses, insurance companies and managed care organizations.