Riverbend Junior High Leadership team
October 2011-March 2012
Marketing Lead for “Benefit for Bissell” –Edmonton, AB
- Main responsibilities included contacting business’ for sponsorships, lead the communication and promotion of the event
- Successful in raising over $26,000 , which exceeded the revenue target by $11,000, for the Bissell Centre (an organization that assists the impoverished in Edmonton)
Tanbur African Aid Society/Burundi English School
July 2012-August 2012
Teacher Assistant- Burundi, Africa
- Main responsibilities included assisting students ages 3-7 in understanding, speaking, writing and reading English.
- Duties ranged from the preparation of course work, planning of classes and the marking of work handed in.
- Frequently lead the class independently, as the lead teacher often left to carry out administrative tasks.
Bissell Centre, Boyle Street Homeless Shelter, Hope Mission, Jasper Place Health and Wellness Centre, Festival of Trees, Scarecrow Festival, University Hospital Santa’s Breakfast, Sherwood Park Canada Day Celebration. Volunteered numerous times at ComFree Realty, assisting Marketing Director, Lillian Osborne Student Council, Lillian Osborne ESL club, Lillian Osborne Alpha Club, Lillian Osborne Random Acts of Kindness Club, Lillian Osborne Head of Winter Fest and Arts Fest