Emergency physician, sports doctor and rock-doc with a passion for rugby, medical informatics and medical education.
Created multiple interactive intranet sites to disseminate medical education and multimedia within the hospital setting as well as >100 fully externally hosted medical blogs such as Life in the Fast Lane. Using the internet and intranet educational solutions I am able to cover an extensive part of the emergency medicine syllabus in a progressive and peer reviewed manner. Specific modules have been designed to incorporate the needs of medical students, as well as trainees studying for the ACEM Primary, ACEM Fellowship (FACEM) and UCEM Fellowship.
Medical Consultant and Co-Founder
- Life in the FastLane - Emergency medicine and critical care medical education blog and information repository. 2013 traffic - 13,000,000 views and 4,000,000 visitors
- HealthEngine.com.au - Australian-based medical search engine that allows users to safely search for general practitioners, surgeons, medical specialists, dentists, allied health professionals, hospitals and medical practices across Australia.
- Blog and Website design - Building on the success of Life in the Fast Lane I build, host and design medical websites to assist 'academics without titles' to get their message out in the digital age.
- BluntDissection, BoringEM, BroomeDocs, DEMTED, EBMgoneWILD, EMIMDOC, EMNerd
- EMtutorials, EMIreland, EMPills, ERCAST, ERMentor, FOAMem, injectableorange, iTeachEM, Keeweedoc
- KIDocs, LITFL, LittleMedic, Micrognome, MDUChile, PedEMmorsels, RebelEM, SCGHED, SOCMOB
- StEmlyns, SurGeneral, ChartReview, SonoCave, TJDogma, UMEMpearls, UnderneathEM, USSPodcast
- WrightEM, CriticalCareNow, EMUMonthly, IntensiveBlog, RAGEpodcast, GlobalEMhealth, VIPMedicine
- Future Health - FutureHealth is a specialist IT solutions provider to the healthcare sector offering a complete range of strategic, creative, and results-focused IT solutions focused purely on the healthcare industry.
- Popfossa.com - An online community of health professionals which provides access to a dynamically updated list of World Health Conferences and Scientific Meetings.
Advisory Board and Medical Consulting
- Elsevier Australia - Working closely with Elsevier Australia to enhance the rapid communication of educational material from journals and textbooks to the largely technophobic ranks of Australian physicians. This work has culminated with the production of MDConsult Australia
- British Medical Journal (BMJ) - Working with the team at do2doc to help further develop the online medical community within doc2doc
- Webicina - Member of a neutral advisory board made up of e-patients and web-savvy medical professionals to oversee the development of medicine/pharma 2.0 tools by the Webicina group