Emergency physician and rock-doc with a passion for rugby, medical informatics and medical education.
I saw a need for enhanced medical information distribution and online communication strategies in Australia both at a structural and an educational level.
To this end I have created an interactive intranet site to disseminate medical education and multimedia as well as a fully maintained Medical Blog (Life in the Fast Lane). Using the internet and intranet educational solutions I am able to cover an extensive part of the emergency medicine syllabus in a progressive and peer reviewed manner. Specific modules have been designed to incorporate the needs of medical students, as well as trainees studying for the ACTM Fellowship (FACTM), AMC examination, ACEM Primary, ACEM Fellowship (FACEM) and UCEM Fellowship.
Medical Consultant and Co-Founder
- Life in the FastLane
- Emergency medicine and critical care medical education blog and information repository. Current traffic of >100,000 visitors a day
- Global Medical Education Project
- Free global experiment in the provision of crowd-sourced and peer-reviewed medical education, clinical images and contextual search
- Australian-based medical search engine that allows users to safely search for general practitioners, surgeons, medical specialists, dentists, allied health professionals, hospitals and medical practices across Australia.
- Blog and Website design
- Building on the success of Life in the Fast Lane I build, host and design medical websites to assist 'academics without titles' to get their message out in the digital age.
- Examples: iTeachEm - ERcast - ZDoggMD - Adventure Medicine - EMCRIT - BroomeDocs - Nathan Sharpe - tjdogma - Big Bang - DEMTed - KeeWeeDoc - Micrognome - SCGHED- theSonoCave - GMEP - iMeducate -
- Future Health
- FutureHealth is a specialist IT solutions provider to the healthcare sector offering a complete range of strategic, creative, and results-focused IT solutions focused purely on the healthcare industry.
- An online community of health professionals which provides access to a dynamically updated list of World Health Conferences and Scientific Meetings.
Advisory Board and Medical Consulting
- Elsevier Australia
- Working closely with Elsevier Australia to enhance the rapid communication of educational material from journals and textbooks to the largely technophobic ranks of Australian physicians. This work has culminated with the production of MDConsult Australia
- British Medical Journal (BMJ)
- Working with the team at do2doc to help further develop the online medical community within doc2doc
- Member of a neutral advisory board made up of e-patients and web-savvy medical professionals to oversee the development of medicine/pharma 2.0 tools by the Webicina group