Examples of Accomplishments :-
Advocate:- Orchestrated and led advocacy to obtain the introduction of Private Bill # 867 by Senator Feinstein in April 2009, on behalf of Shirley Tan, a lesbian mother who faced immediate deportation; resulted stay of deportation and in testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee on the issue.
Advocacy strategy - led and successfully orchestrated by advocating to member of the U.S. Congress the release of an undocumented lesbian partner from detention.
Provided testimony to Senator Patrick Leahy, (D- VT) for the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on the Uniting American Families Act (UAFA) (June, 2009);
Testimony in California Assembly and Senate for a resolution in support of UAFA;
Participated in conference to advise Secretary for Housing & Urban Development for President Obama's commission on discrimination against gays and lesbians (LGBT) in housing and tenancy; the series led to sweeping reforms.
Creator and author of innovative special LGBT immigration visa currently in the form of a Petition on Change.org to assist same-sex spouses and partners with entry and residency in the U.S.A.
Pitched and accomplished publication of Shirley Tan's story as a matter of urgency to press as a strategy to win public support - the story written by other journalists was published in PEOPLE MAGAZINE and San Jose Mercury News, to be picked up by multiple TV networks and news outlets.
Advocated successfully to deny Ugandan Anti-gay editor a Visa to USA and further to isolate him as a journalist from academia http://oblogdeeoblogda.me/2012/10/20/ugandan-university-regrets-invitation-to-ed
Appointed by Marin County Board of Supervisors to serve on Marin County Human Rights Commission;
Activist -After blogging and following the story of so called "corrective" rape victims and survivors, in South African townships, writing numerous articles which served as the impetus for the international on-line petition on change.org resulting generated over 200,000 global signatures. This resulted directly in an invitation by South Africa's Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development, the Hon. Jeff Radebe, to attend a meeting with him in Parliament to discuss reforms.
Drafted reforms for ministerial meeting, prepared NGO's and attended meeting as lead spokesperson for Luleki Sizwe, resulting in a second meeting and an agreement for Government and LGBTI to partner in a task force for reforms and hate crimes legislation in South Africa. (2011)
Advocated in the case of Ugandan deportee, Brenda Namigadde, and numerous other LGBT Asylum cases around the world.
Blogging platforms and advocacy for decriminalization of homosexuality in Africa.
As a Political Editor for LGR Media; assisted in bringing new blog to a popular high ranking and politically influential News/ Magazine/Blog site;
As an LGBT Activist Blogger / Writer:- Written over 1491 Articles (news, opinion & advocacy) in 2 year period - LGBTI, social justice, human rights and political Issues: so called "corrective rape" of lesbians in Southern Africa, Ugandan Anti-homosexuality law, Same-Sex couples and immigration to the USA, marriage equality, immigration reform, international LGBTI refugee and asylum advocacy;
Attorney: Successful representation in death sentence case in South Africa during Apartheid era;
Mediator: Settled approximately 200 divorce/ custody cases/ and 30 commercial disputes;
Fundraiser: Support of LGBT friendly candidates and progressive Democrats through writing fundraising pleas; participated in fund raising events and work for Fair Housing of Marin. Committee Chair for Annual MHRC Martin Luther King Dinner Awards ; Raised funds and international awareness for Luleki Sizwe, South Africa.
Film: Producer Short Videos: Gay PSA Announcement , Music Video, LGBT Commercials,
Guest and OP-ED Contributor:
- The Advocate
- LGBTQ Nation
- Florida Agenda
- MS. magazine
- Bilerico Project
- Keynote Speaker: Cape Town Pride, South Africa 2011 - Gala and Stadium Main stage
- Speaker:Rally Teen Suicide , County of Marin, 2010
- Speaker:Castro memorial for Ugandan Activist, David Kato (2011)
- MEUSA: Proposition 8 Rally; Ninth Circuit Rally (2011)
- FHOM: MC Not a Genuine Black Man - Brian Copeland Performance 2010
- FHOM: Annual Fundraiser Fashion Show - (2007, 2008, 2009)
- MHRC: Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Award Dinner, San Rafael, CA - Speaker and Presenter (2010)
- Guest Host on Swirl Radio; (2011)
- Equality Across America: Speaker & Workshop Presenter, Austin Texas, (2010)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association: Guest Speaker (2007)
- San Francisco Human Rights Commission: Guest Speaker with Tom Armiano on immigration equality (2010)
- Marriage Equality Rally Across Golden Gate Bridge: Rally speaker
- “Mediation as “Preferred Dispute Resolution,”
- “An Out-of the Box approach to Professional Life;”
- “Re-birthing Naivety to Quell the Taint of Time.”
- "Exploring the Ultimate Benchmark- LGBT Activism"
- GAY Equality | Where do we go from here